We pay for referrals, so if this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them.
Direct-hire Support Technician Opportunity in Dallas, TX
3 new positions available
1) Normal business days, (Shift: Mon-Fri, 10:30 AM to 7 PM). Salary: $50-$53K
2) Weekend days. Shift: Friday-Sunday, 7 am to 7 PM.
3) Weekend nights. Shift: Thurs night-Sun Morning, 7PM to 8 AM
Weekend positions details:
Salary: $50-$53K plus 10% while working nights/weekends
Work 3 x 13 hour shifts (13:20 to be exact)
Would not have “on-call” responsibilities.
Would probably work from home, after training.
The candidate should have:
1 year experience with Linux/Unix from the command line.
Experience with providing phone support.
Good customer service skills
Working knowledge of DNS (they should be able to name a few DNS records)
Working knowledge of networking (they should be know a few common ports and protocols)
Support Technician is responsible for assisting company’s customers with the resolution of technical service problems. This company offers e-messaging protection and transaction services that protect organizations from viruses, spam, as well as enabling secure electronic communications, such as email encryption.
The Support Technician duties include:
* Providing technical guidance to customers in response to service requests received over the phone or through email
* Championing and coordinating resolution of customer support issues that can’t be resolved by first line support.
* Ensuring all customer communications are professional, accurate, and timely.
* Developing technical content for inclusion in the support knowledge base.
* Utilizing support applications for problem recording and tracking.
* Rotating on-call status, with pager notification.
* Successfully pass background investigation
* Minimum 1 year experience with Linux/Unix command line (shell)
* Experienced in direct customer communication.
* Familiar with common TCP/IP protocols and services.
* Good knowledge of various Operating Systems (Windows 7/10, Unix/Linux).
* Experience in configuration and operation of SMTP messaging systems (Exchange, Domino, Postfix)
* Strong networking knowledge (DNS, routers, firewalls, etc) and troubleshooting experience
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent customer service/phone support skills
* Strong, sound decision-making skills, good judgment and problem solving skills.
* Able to respond to on-call notifications 24/7
* Familiar with web technology (web browsers, SSL, HTML, and XML)
* Familiar with common scripting languages (bash, perl, etc)
* First line technical support experience.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please email with answers the questions below:
“Save Time, The Best Resources, Guaranteed!”
Dallas Direct-hire IT Jobs, Dallas Information Technology, Dallas IT, Dallas IT Candidates, Dallas IT Departments, Dallas IT Jobs, Dallas IT Professional, Dallas IT Programmers, Dallas IT Recruiter, Dallas IT Recruiting, Dallas IT Requirements, Dallas IT Staff Aug, Dallas IT Staff Augmentation, Dallas IT Staffing, Dallas jobs, Dallas Technical Jobs, Dallas Technical Programmers, Dallas Technical recruiter, Dallas Technical Recruiting, Dallas Technical Staff Aug, Dallas Technical Staff Augmentation, Dallas Technical Staffing, Dallas-Fort Worth IT Staffing, Dallas-fort worth staffing, database developer, DBA jobs, DFW IT Staffing, Information Technology, information technology budgets, Information Technology Field, information technology hiring, Information technology jobs, Information Technology Projects, Information Technology Recruiting, information technology spending, Information Technology Staffing, IT Hiring, IT Job, IT Jobs