The Compensation Director will serve as a primary point of contact for the HR organization on elements of Compensation strategy and hands-on implementation of compensation-related initiatives. The Compensation Director will design, support and implement compensation programs aligned with the client company’s performance culture and ensure that programs are current, competitive and in compliance with legal requirements. The person in this role will be called upon to support a segment of our business as well as provide support for project related activities such as merit, annual bonus, salary surveys and more.
- Partner with business owners and finance to create on a variety of compensation projects and initiatives.
- Co-lead on execution of compensation programs such as annual salary review/merit process, variable compensation/commission plans, equity and other compensation programs.
- Manage and oversee large scale initiatives involving cross-functional teams
- Will oversee certain systems including Compensation Management.
- Help maintain a compensation structure/philosophy and classifications system, define job levels and families, compile market data and establish pay parameters.
- Participate, analyze and interpret market data.
- Assist with special studies and recommendations on subjects such as incentive compensation, bonus plans, sales compensation or company equity.
- Work with HR Business Partners, Finance, HRIS and business owners to implement processes, systems and tools to improve compensation administration, communication and analysis.
- Help design and facilitate training to educate managers on compensation strategies and practices.
- Consolidate information and produce reports to be used for management decision making.
- Support communications and change management efforts of Compensation/HR.
- Ensure proper documentation and audit processes are developed, approved and followed.
- May help supervise and/or coordinate work activities of other team members.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested
- 10+ years of experience in compensation,
- Prior compensation experience at a mid-size to large technology corpoaration (over 500 associates).
- Experience leading compensation projects such as merit reviews, commission plans, equity and/or executive plans.
- Management experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required: able to use complex formulas, pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, and graphs and charts.
- Knowledge and experience with state and federal labor laws and regulations as it relates to compensation.
- Must be accurate and have intense attention to detail and quality.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers of all levels, including executives.
- Able to maintain data integrity through attention to detail and accuracy, prioritize and meet aggressive deadlines, and process, manipulate, and summarize reports.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, global technology firm.
- A strong understanding of HRIS systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access and PowerPoint is helpful.
- A broad understanding of the entire Human Resources discipline is helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, project management, decision-making, and time management skills.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below: