Although this client prefers local candidates or candidates local to Texas, they are willing to consider candidates from other states.
Our client is looking to aggressively grow their JD Edwards Practice and is hiring a full-time Database Administrator (DBA) consultant as a result. The DBA Consultant role is responsible for technical design, administration, implementation, upgrade and managed services of Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle 2008 and newer. Refine and automate regular processes, track issues and document changes. In addition to DBA tasks, consultant will support client initiatives as it relates to ERP JD Edwards applications, interfaces, service-oriented architecture (SOA), cloud and web-based portals for customers. The ideal candidate will be able to meet directly with clients. They will need to have the ability to provide technical analysis, make the appropriate recommendations, communicate thoroughly, and execute timely for each project.
This client company compensates their JD Edwards DBA consultants with a competitive base salary, a quarterly bonus plan, and a benefits package that includes a health care plan, dental, 401k with match, PTO and paid holidays. We recognize top performers with elevated bonus and growth opportunities. We are a highly collaborative team that enjoys working together that performs well and celebrates our successes.
- Maintain backups and recovery of databases
- Develop, design, implement and debug stored procedures, triggers, and indexing
- Implement High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery plans
- Optimize database performance and ensures availability
- Clone, recover and migrate databases
- Execute and maintain maintenance plans & index statistics
- Maintain database security
- Provide technical support to include proactive and reactive incident resolution
- Review system logs to identify signs of potential problems
- Write, execute and peer review SQL, T-SQL and PL/SQL scripts and functions
- Perform database upgrades
- Perform performance tuning and optimization using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Administer third-party applications that require Oracle or MS SQL server support as needed
- SSIS package development, deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Experience with MSSQL Server 2008 or newer
- Experience working with scripting tools (Powershell, OS-Level scripts, Java-Scripts)
- Experience with Oracle Databases 11g or newer
- Working experience using JD Edwards EnterpriseOne application on MSSQL or Oracle database is a plus
- Infrastructure / server management in public / private clouds utilizing AWS, Oracle or Azure
- Experience monitoring database performance
- Experience as a Consultant in a Professional Services organization
- Be a highly motivated individual and multitask oriented
- Effective in person, phone, and written communication skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment while achieving personal production goals
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- 5+ years as MS SQL Server DBA or 5+ years as Oracle DBA
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE AND CONSIDERATIONS:
- Linux platform experience desired but not required
- Ability to manage technical projects
- Core value fit:
- Better Together – Together, we work hard, collaborate constantly, lift one another up, and challenge each other to do our best work.
- People Matter – We love computers, but people are our biggest source of success.
- Take the High Road – Trust, integrity, respect and accountability in all relationships.
- H3 Hungry, humble, hustle
- Good is Not Good Enough We aspire to be the very best
- No sponsorship / must be US citizen
- No H1B Visas
- Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- Up to 15% domestic travel may be required to work (to Client specific locations).
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below: