Sr. Systems Engineer
A Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of core infrastructure platforms. This role will engineer solutions based on industry best-practice, leveraging their technical expertise along with available resources to include partner relationships. Enthusiasm in delivering solutions of superior quality and workmanship is as important as meeting deadlines. Outstanding soft-skills are an integral part of the Senior Systems Engineer’s toolkit. The Senior Systems Engineer will participate in team efforts which evaluate new hardware, operating systems, applications and other technology to identify components that may improve the infrastructure. A Senior Systems Engineer must have the ability to gather business requests and translate them into project requirements to deliver sound technical solutions. Projects require extensive collaboration and coordination with stakeholders, internal business units and third-party vendors so effective communications skills are required. The Senior Systems Engineer will provide Subject Matter Expert level operational support for infrastructure platforms and services.
- Infrastructure scripting, automation and Wintel server hardening
- Hypervisor installation, configuration, maintenance and migrations
- Datacenter host, storage and ancillary appliance provisioning and operations
- Public Key Infrastructure maintenance and operations
- Data and server backup maintenance and bare metal recovery operations
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager operations
- DNS-DHCP-IPAM maintenance and operations
- Install, configure and maintain Microsoft Active Directory Infrastructure
- Active Directory GPO design and operations
- Intall, configure and maintain all VMware components in the environment
- Install, configure and maintain storage appliances from multiple vendors.
- Install, configure and maintain Wintel compute nodes and hosts from multiple vendors
- Install, configure and maintain geographically dispersed hypervisor deployments
- Manage VMware vCenter environment for 500+ virtual machines.
- Identify and resolve infrastructure hardware and software failures in a timely manner.
- Deliver post-mortem and Root Cause Analysis documentation as needed.
- Proactively enhance the stability of all infrastructure platforms.
- Adhere to company Change Management and system security protocols.
- Update infrastructure documentation with system diagrams, process flows and other related artifacts.
- On-call after hours support on a rotating schedule for Sev1 infrastructure outages.
- Ensure stable Service Delivery of infrastructure resources.
- Monitor Incident and Service Request queues to ensure timely resolution.
- Mentor teammates and engage the business to foster technology adoption.
- Monitor system performance throughout the enterprise and identify bottlenecks.
- Maintain patch management schedule for infrastructure components.
- Identify drift from engineered system specifications and maintain Configuration Management.
- 5+ years directly administering enterprise infrastructure platforms
- 5+ years administering VMware hypervisor and clustering technologies.
- 5+ years of experience administering complex virtualized infrastructure.
- Excellent analytical skills and troubleshooting methodology.
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange Server and System Center.
- Solid understanding of MS SQL, IIS, enterprise printing and faxing solutions.
- Experience building large, scalable and highly available mission critical systems.
- Experience with backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- MCSE, VMware or other advanced infrastructure certifications are a plus.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft M365 product suite is a plus.
- Knowledge of Cisco Webex or other collaboration suites are a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or equivalent; or six years related experience in server hardware, operating systems, active directory; or equivalent combination of education and experience.