Project Engineer Opportunity With A Growing Company in Dallas, TX
Our client, a Professional Services company, is looking for a Direct-hire (not contract, not C2C) Project Engineer.
Job Description: The Project Engineer (PE) is a senior-level role responsible for the design and implementation of LAN/WAN, Server and Cloud Services technology. PEs are required to work closely with our Design Desk (system architect) and deliver technical solutions that meet a client’s business requirements, and therefore must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of a corporate structure. The PE will provide some tier 3 technical support to clients and internal support team members.
- Virtualization (VMware and Hyper V)
- Physical and Virtual Host Server Hardware
- Windows Server and Active Directory
- RDS/Remote App | Citrix
- SQL Server
- VoiP and PBX based telecom
- Enterprise Storage Solutions including SAN, NAS, and Tiered/Cloud Storage
- Enterprise Backup and DR Solutions
- Cloud Services including Azure and O365
- Email Services including Premise and Office 365
- Wireless Access Technologies
- Security and compliance technologies
- Desktop and Mobile Device Technology
- Application Software with 3rd party coordination
• Travel to client sites to provide onsite service and support as necessary (95% DFW local)
• Work closely with vCIO and Design Desk to solution technology to meet client business objectives
• Participate in on call support rotation
• Onboarding and accurate documentation of client systems.
• Provide pre-sales design and support to internal team members.
• Evolve internal professional services processes in response to rapid industry changes.
• Document internal processes and procedures to maintain consistent results and efficiencies, including creation of network diagrams and technical process documentation and checklists.
• Effectively communicate with clients and manage their expectations, support the project coordinator/manager.
• Manage and transport products and inventory for assigned projects.
• Attend and conduct internal and client meetings.
• Maintain industry product knowledge through training and certification programs.
• This role will also include
- the application of systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications, collaborating with the project manager and design desk team to do so;
- the design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing or modification of computer systems (OS’s) or programs, including prototypes, based on and related to user or system design specifications provided by the design desk;
- and the design, documentation, testing, creation or modification of OS’s.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below: