Contract-to-hire SQL Server DBA Opportunity in Dallas, TX
Enjoy working for a company that respects and encourages individual ability and creativity and values winning as a team. Take a challenging position in a global company which is uniquely positioned as the market leader. This client has been named a BusinessWeek 50 “best in class” company for three years in a row and one of the best large companies to work for in Dallas by the Dallas Business Journal for several years in a row.
Our Client is looking for a JD Edwards Programmer Analyst knowledgeable in a large JDE Development Environment. This is an exciting career advancement position where the Developer will be responsible for providing technical solutions to business challenges. You will interact with the Functional analysts, and the business leaders to design, develop and help implement the solutions that extend the basic JDE functionality in a supportive company environment.
Responsibilities will include analysis of user requests to determine feasibility and technical design of delivered specifications, developing project plans, workload estimates and schedules for assigned projects, performing complex systems analysis/design work for new or modified systems being developed by client IT staff and or consultant delivered systems, as well as programming solutions, often complex, using JDE technologies .
The ideal Developer should possess a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field, or, equivalent combination of education and experience and a minimum of five years work experience in Information Systems. Extensive working experience with JDE is required.
*Managing and maintaining various, complex production and non-production databases.
* Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access, and security administration.
* Optimizing database access and allocating/re-allocating database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost.
* Installing, upgrading, refreshing and maintaining all database environments.
* Responsible for the day to day database administrative tasks, such as: proactive monitoring, error checking, performance tuning, trouble-shooting, back-up and recovery.
* Collaborating with project teams to set up database, DB interface, and production set-up and configuration.
* Managing user security and access to databases to provide controlled access environment.
* Investigating, reviewing, applying and testing all patches and bug fixes in the database environment and providing consultation on patch management, custom interface design and operational implementation.
* Interacting with developers and programmers in order to design/review programs, custom interfaces and queries according to standards.
* Utilizing data management tools such as SSIS, SSAS, DTS, and SSRS
* Will be required to be on an on-call rotation
* Bachelor’s degree preferred.
* 5 to 7+ years’ experience of Database Administration, Database Design, Performance Analysis, and Production Support
* Preferred industry related certifications
* Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL 2000/2005 or greater, 2005+ preferred
* Expert knowledge in installation, backup, and restoring of SQL databases
* Strong database administration skills with an emphasis on enterprise scale architecture
* Expert knowledge of database security methodologies. Including SQL security, mixed security, server roles, and database roles
* Strong knowledge of Data Management Tools SSIS, SSAS, DTS, and SSRS
* Strong understanding of business continuity and disaster recovery processes and procedures
* Strong knowledge of clustering and replication
* Strong knowledge of import, export, and bulk copy processes
* Ability to use Microsoft tools to troubleshoot performance related issues
Query execution plans
* Ability to use Microsoft tools to troubleshoot logic, syntax, deadlock issues
* Working knowledge of Windows Server 2003 or greater
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below:
1) Do you have an updated Word copy of your resume?
2) What is your availability to start?
3) Are you open to contract or contract-to-hire?
4) What is your current salary or pay rate?
5) Are you currently eligible to work for any employer in the US?
6) When is the best time to contact you and what # can you be reached at for this opportunity?
If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.
ProVisionTech Jobs – Dallas IT Jobs – Dallas Technical Jobs
Integrity in Recruiting
“Save Time, The Best Resources, Guaranteed!”