Our Carrollton client is seeking a DevOps Engineer with AWS cloud computing, infrastructure-as-code, automating and provisioning highly available SaaS applications experiences. You will work closely with Agile teams to ensure they have the tools needed to write, test and deploy code with ease and ensure Dev and QA satisfaction. You will build and maintain continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) environments, processes and tools.
- Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the individual occupying this position. This is a representative list of the general duties, and it is not intended to be all-inclusive.
and setting up Unix/RHEL 7, Kubernetes,
- AWS/cloud Dev Ops, OpenShift, EKS, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Python, Linux Shell scripting, GIT, AWS CLI and Docker
- Ability to build and maintain code repositories with GIT
- Comfortable with Linux and CLI
- Expertise with CloudFormation, EC2, VPC, S3, Glacier, ELB, EBS, RDS, Route 53, CloudFront, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and more
- Ability to automate the provisioning of environments
- Web services , Apache and Java Tomcat
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) or similar experience
- Red Hat Satellite systems-management
- Monitoring standards, appropriate thresholds, and synthetic transaction monitoring as appropriate for different systems, DynaTrace, Nagios etc.
- Works with IT Teams to track and drive resolution of issues discovered during the quality process.
- Develop and implement immutable infrastructure
- Monitors system performance on Linux/Unix environments as it relates to the company.
- Administer a secure and stable Linux/Unix server environment with acceptable performance.
- Ensure proper service levels are being met and that a high level of customer satisfaction is being maintained.
- Continue to improve server/application performance with increasing reliability and availability while maintaining or reducing costs.
- Develop standard system builds to meet corporate policy and industry standards.
- Work with Development, Application, Networking, and Security teams to develop appropriate infrastructure for applications.
- Drive infrastructure design to implementation.
- Helps architect and implement solutions to address complicated application challenges around performance, scaling, and security.
- All other duties as needed or required.
- Maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Work on a small team as a self-starter, a go-getter.
- Read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other Team Members.
- Communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other Team Members.
- Multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Work with the appropriate level of independence on projects of high complexity.
- Function in a fast-paced environment
- Open to work after hours or weekends as necessary
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience in the IT Industry
- 3+ years familiarity with Java, REST services web technologies, and AWS Cloud technologies preferred. Azure experience is a plus.
- Experience in environments containing Couchbase, JBoss, Apache, Resin, Tomcat and similar systems
- 5+ Years supporting Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Preferred) and OpenShift
- Experience with Red Hat Satellite and Red Hat IPA server preferred
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Dynatrace One Agent, Dynatrace Synthetics, Nagios, Nagios Log Server, ELK and Cloud Watch are preferred.
- Familiarity with network technologies such as DNS, Routing, and Subnets preferred
- Experience leading performance monitoring and follow through successful investigation, analysis and root-cause identification and resolution of issues.
- Experience working in an Agile, Dev-Ops Environment
- Excellent organizational skills to include: scheduling, monitoring, tracking, reporting and follow through.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to effectively multitask
- Experience working with edge suites such as Akamai preferred
- Demonstrate strong technical and analytical ability
- Excellent skills in all of the following areas: presentation and facilitation, analytical and problem solving
- Team player with ability to learn quickly, coach and lead.
- Experience with System and Application monitoring tools such as Nagios, Solar Winds, and Dynatrace is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Creates and maintains an environment in which people communicate honestly and openly; where information is readily shared
- Ability to take requirements from multiple sources and develop appropriate solutions
- Ability to foster a sense of teamwork and cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to work effectively with partners from varied and diverse backgrounds
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below: