http://www.provisiontechgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/nov2008-PTG-logo-2-300x73.png 0 0 admin http://www.provisiontechgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/nov2008-PTG-logo-2-300x73.png admin2022-03-03 17:50:262022-03-07 22:52:49Manager, Systems Administration (Windows) Opportunity in Lewisville, TX
- Resolve complex enterprise system hardware and software problems; collaborate with peer teams and vendors to coordinate solutions
- Lead the installation and testing of new enterprise system software and hardware releases
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of new hardware and software developments; participate in the evaluation of alternative approaches and new software or modifications to enhance operations and development activities
- Interface with business clients and technology staff to implement solutions that meet business needs and addresses impact of new or revised applications on existing infrastructure
- Facilitate generation and/or implementation of new ideas for enhancements and improvements
- Ensure working practices and processes are standardized, documented and repeatable.
- Manage team of System Administration professionals: Complete staff reviews and appraisals, develop personal development plans, ensure cross-training between team members to provide redundancy, drive performance through industry standard metrics and hold team members accountable for sustained performance.
- Develop regular management reports to ensure all systems are properly managed.
- Mentor junior and intermediate development staff.
- Plan and recommend departmental workflow or system modifications to increase efficiency, capacity, and utilization.
- Develop and manage subordinates through formal and informal coaching, training, work assignments, and performance appraisal process.
- Research new technologies, upgrades, and applications for all areas of responsibility.
- BA/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in supporting various enterprise class solutions and services including Windows server administration and security; understanding of implementation of systems at scale, must be able to prioritize, delegate and foster the development of high-performance teams to lead/support an environment driven by customer service and teamwork.
- Strong trouble-shooting and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to participate in resource planning processes based on defined organizational plans.
- Demonstrated understanding of foundational infrastructure supporting OS platforms including Windows server OS versions 2003, 2008, 2012R2, 2016 and 2019 as well as clustering concepts and HA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication is required. It will be very hard to succeed in this position without this skillset.
- Passionate and energetic about technology solutions and customer service.
- Required Expertise in relevant technologies such as: Windows Server, MS Active Directory, DNS & DHCP Services, SCCM, VMWare, Datacenter Hardware implementations including servers and storage, Hyperconverged systems.
- In-depth knowledge of cloud technologies and implementations required. Specifically, experience with AWS and Azure infrastructure solutions and Microsoft Office 365 implementations (Office products, email, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online)
- Knowledge and background with Cisco networking and telephony products a big plus. We utilize Cisco collaboration tools and are driving adoption of this toolset across the company.
- Knowledge in server patching methodologies and automation.
- Ability to analyze data to produce and present executive level reporting for weekly and monthly operations meetings and monthly business reviews.
- Exceptional manager of people, process and technology.
- You are an excellent technical troubleshooter and can use that skillset to provide guidance to your teams for critical system incidents.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please complete the form below with answers to the questions: