If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this email to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.
We have a Downtown Dallas client that is looking for a Jr Sys Admin.
Direct-hire Junior Systems Administrator With Great Dallas Company
The Infrastructure Administrator will be responsible for the initial troubleshooting of enterprise system outages. The ideal candidate will be a high performing individual who is able to handle front-line support for infrastructure issues. The ability to work closely and efficiently with groups throughout the organization is essential to the success of the Infrastructure Administrator’s support delivery. Soft-skills are a major component of this individual’s toolkit, along with their technical efficacy. This individual will be tasked with ensuring the day-to-day health, security and stability of our infrastructure. Monitoring system performance, backup cycles and investigating system alerts are among the daily tasks. They will be the voice of the infrastructure support team during scheduled maintenance or system outages. The Infrastructure Administrator will be tasked with handling infrastructure ticket queues as part of their daily duties. The candidate must be able to handle multiple timelines to complete tasks on time and engage customers to provide status info and resolution. The Infrastructure Administrator must be honest, accurate and professional in all their daily interactions with team members, business partners and residents. The ideal candidate will have a solid technical background across multiple IT vendor solutions as well as exceptional communication and organizational skills. They will treat everyone with dignity and respect while engaged in company business whether at the office or offsite.
• Participate in Proof of Concept deployments to support the infrastructure engineers.
• Ensure Service Delivery for all application and their supporting system components.
• Document, maintain and verify stability of production systems.
• Make yourself available for knowledge transfer to all levels within the IT organizations.
• Recognize variance from a deployed specification to maintain configuration management.
• Monitor all system performance and identify bottlenecks.
• Ensure system security by monitoring alerts and staying current with security bulletins.
• Make sure system backups are functioning properly and test per policy.
• Make sure ticket queues are being handled in a timely manner.
• First line troubleshooting of complex network, storage and compute issues.
• Participate in network, storage and compute patch management.
2+ years’ experience supporting WinTel systems
Experience with virtualization platforms, with a focus on Microsoft HyperV environments.
Solid understanding of server clustering, cloud technologies and core infrastructure hardware.
Working knowledge of enterprise printing and faxing.
Working knowledge of MS Exchange, Office 365 and Skype for Business
Working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, disaster recovery and backup technologies.
Solid understanding of MS SQL, IIS, SCCM, SCOM and antivirus applications.
Excellent soft-skills and analytical skills, a self-starter who can work independently.
MCSE/MCITP or other infrastructure certifications are a plus.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below: