IT Project Engineer
The Project Engineer (PE) is responsible for the design and implementation of LAN/WAN, Server and Cloud Services technology. PEs will also install and configure computers and related peripherals and/or guide implementation by other team members. PEs are required to deliver technical solutions that meet a client’s business requirements, and therefore must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of a corporate structure. The PE will also provide tier 3 technical support to clients and internal support team members.
- Design and implement LAN/WAN and server infrastructure and related peripherals including:
- Routers | Firewalls | Switches | VPN
- Virtualization (VMware and Hyper V)
- Physical and Virtual Host Server Hardware
- Windows Server and Active Directory
- RDS/Remote App | Citrix
- SQL Server
- Enterprise Storage Solutions including SAN, NAS, and Tiered/Cloud Storage
- Enterprise Backup and Disaster Recovery Solutions
- Cloud Services including Azure
- Email Services including Premise and Hosted Microsoft Exchange and Office 365
- Wireless Access Technologies
- Desktop and Mobile Device Technology
- Application Software
- Travel to client sites to provide onsite service and support as necessary.
- Work closely with vCIO to solution technology to meet client business objectives
- Participate in on call support rotation
- Onboarding and accurate documentation of client systems.
- Provide pre-sales design and support to internal team members.
- Evolve internal professional services processes in response to rapid industry changes.
- Document internal processes and procedures to maintain consistent results and efficiencies, including creation of network diagrams and technical process documentation
- Effectively communicate with clients and manage their expectations.
- Manage and transport products and inventory for assigned projects.
- Attend and conduct internal and client meetings.
- Maintain industry product knowledge through training and certification programs.
Our client offers web-based technical training subscriptions, reimbursed certifications, and reimbursed client-travel mileage. 100% paid employee medical benefits, 401(k) with match immediately vested, family medical, dental, and life available. 11 days paid holiday, 12 days PTO starting year 1; after first year 3 weeks of PTO per year, plus flexible time.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below:
If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this email to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.