Senior Network Engineer
Sr. Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer will be the hands-on subject matter expert (SME) responsible for architecting, implementing, monitoring and maintaining all company networks and network equipment. We have adopted a Cisco networking standard for all switch, router, and firewall hardware and as such we need someone with deep hands-on practical Cisco networking experience. Our wide area network (WAN) consists of 106 sites across the United States, Canada, and Mexico with a mixture of MPLS and VPN (IPSEC) tunneled connections. A network redesign effort is underway to migrate to Fortinet SDWAN from the current MPLS design.
Our ideal candidate will succeed with the following traits:
- Ability to take direction and manage competing priorities, while also being self-driven in managing tasks and workloads
- Don’t be afraid to challenge the status quo and be diligent in investigating, suggesting, and implementing best practice configurations.
- Works equally well in a team setting and as an individual contributor. This position will be heavily involved in both team and individual projects.
- Be a great multitasker.
- Be strategic and think long term in the design and implementation of new networking methodologies.
- Be a great troubleshooter and committed to a production support mindset. The ability to properly and thoroughly troubleshoot technical issues through to resolution independently is of great value and necessary in this position.
Responsibilities and Skills Required
- Provide primary support for the corporate WAN/LAN/WLAN environment.
- Experience with SDWAN technologies both from an implementation and support standpoint.
- A firm understanding of Network Access Control (NAC) policies and implementation strategies. Experience configuring and implementing ForeScout is a huge plus.
- Experience managing load balancing technologies, with a strong emphasis on F5.
- Deep experience with Cisco Wireless Controllers (on-premises) and wireless networking best practices. Ability to design, implement, configure, and manage wireless networking configurations, preferably in a manufacturing setting.
- Understanding of virtual networking methodologies (VMWare) is highly desired.
- Update the existing network architecture to include industry standard security practices.
- Monitors network and system performance, recommends and implements adjustments upon approval.
- Implements system and network changes in a controlled manner; will adhere to company change control policies.
- Responsible for both the internal and external security of the company’s information systems
- Must be able to identify, initiate and influence changes to the company’s network and security profile, structure, and performance and protection as needed to ensure safety of assets and resources
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of company networks
- Responsible for enterprise core networking design, support and maintenance for Cisco Routing, Firewall and Switching at multiple locations
- Responsible for enterprise WAN networking with experience in MPLS and ability to evaluate and work with carriers to finalize network solutions.
- Perform troubleshooting, using a consistent methodology and tools to diagnose network issues
- Maintain IP scheme and manage DHCP scopes and DNS records. Experience with an enterprise DDI management platform is highly preferred. We currently utilize Efficient IP in-house.
- Expert knowledge of firewall management, access list control and NAT preferably with Cisco Firepower appliances.
- Ability to upgrade and patch firmware on network infrastructure as necessary
- Participate as a key SME with disaster recovery planning and testing
- Documents network and system diagrams, and process flow diagrams.
- It is an essential function of this job to show up on time and be ready to work your regularly scheduled hours.
- A strong background with Cisco networking is an absolute requirement for this position.
- Five to Ten years of experience in a large-scale networking environment consisting of 100+ nodes.
- Five to Ten years of experience managing Cisco hardware components, with high marks for experience with Cisco Firepower, wireless controllers, switches (including Nexus 7K and 9K), and routers.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or equivalent; or six years related experience in LAN/WAN networking environments.
- Industry certifications are a big plus, but practical industry experience trumps all. We want a seasoned professional who’s been in the trenches and understands the technology impact on business processes and drives towards business success.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below:
We pay for referrals, so if this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them.
“Save Time, The Best Resources, Guaranteed!”