Direct-hire Network Engineer Opportunity with Great Company in Downtown Dallas, TX
If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this email to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.
JOB TITLE: SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
REPORTS TO: Systems Architect
This role is part of the IT Infrastructure Team in the Network and Telecommunications Group. The role will include (but is not limited to) engineering, deploying and configuring network systems. This position is an integral part of enterprise network design, bringing industry best practice to the engineering process. It requires a high level of technical aptitude to address network problems and discuss solutions with a technical and/or executive audience. The Senior Network Engineer will ensure a stable and secure networking environment for our client and its affiliates. You will own and resolve network-related incidents and requests within SLA’s as the last level of support during outages or equipment issues. Managing the company’s core network infrastructure, as well as supporting initiatives related to network and telecommunications, will be part of daily tasks. The ideal candidate will have a solid technical background across multiple network vendor solutions as well as exceptional communication and organizational skills. The Senior Network Engineer will be honest, accurate and professional in all their daily interactions with team members, business partners and residents. They will treat everyone with dignity and respect while engaged in company business at the office or offsite.
- Responsible for engineering, implementing and maintaining clients’ complex network infrastructure
- Assumes lead role in the Network and Telecommunications Group
- Design stable and secure network systems using industry best practice
- Document procedures for network hardware/software configuration and use.
- Document technical specifications and operating standards for network and telecommunications equipment.
- Develop and maintain toolsets that monitor network health and performance
- Generate concise reports on network health, performance and utilization
- Forecast network technology costs and growth by performing trend analysis and capacity planning using available data sets forecasting models
- Manage security incidents and perform Root Cause Analysis
- Manage enterprise routing, switching and wireless devices
- Manage firewalls, VPN concentrators, IDS/IPS and other security appliances
- Manage Cloud Networks, Cisco Nexus and Meraki equipment
- Manage core infrastructure networks at our data centers
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify business requirements for proposed network initiatives and deliver sound technical solutions
- Work with network administrators and various groups throughout the company to deploy, decommission, or relocate network equipment and devices.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert on network related issues
- Provide coaching sessions for knowledge transfer in a small group setting
- Conduct presentation and whiteboard sessions for company executives
- Document step-by-step procedures to fix known issues, established solutions or processes in the company knowledge base.
- Engineer solutions to enforce network policies and procedures, assuring users and devices adhere to company security standards.
- Optimize network performance from the core network to the endpoints
- Implement network management tools for day to day operations
- Develop and document network scripts to automate common network tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience supporting large multivendor networks, ten (10) years experience is preferred
- Minimum four (4) years of experience engineering and supporting large multivendor voice and data networks
- CCIE Certification is desired; CCNA a minimum
- Experience with large, multi-site enterprise network systems
- Solid experience designing and implementing virtualized networks
- Solid experience designing and implementing networks using interior and exterior routing protocols
- Solid experience designing and implementing IP network delivery services for voice, video and other types of application data
- Ability to discuss network component capabilities and perform advanced integration with multiple 3rd party products and services.
- Experience with telecom/data carrier provisioning, billing, and troubleshooting procedures
- Experience with current best practices in IT standards, principles, and security practices
- Expert knowledge of core networking concepts including switching, routing, and wireless technologies
- Expert knowledge of network principles, design, security and implementation
- Expert knowledge of network security, firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, wireless Access Points
- Expert knowledge of MPLS, QoS, VPN IPSec and SSL technologies
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, HSRP and VRRP
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Respond effectively and in a timely manner to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Individual accountability and contributions within a team-based environment
- Use metrics and establish KPI’s to identify common problems
- Perform root cause analysis to pinpoint deficiencies in design
- Maintaining company standards and ensuring they are adhered to, as well as establishing new standards when there is a gap in policy
- Work proactively and cooperatively to increase capabilities of the operations team
- Ability to take initiative and move projects forward with limited direction
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work at a swift pace with minimal supervision
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ease with building/establishing rapport with people and teams at all levels of the organization
- Professional demeanor, goal-oriented, self-motivated, creative, flexible and adaptable to new situations
- Passion for learning, trying new things, understanding what works and quickly adjusting what doesn’t
Cisco Switches, Routers and Firewalls
LAN, WAN and WLAN
MPLS, EIGRP, BGP
Cisco Call Manager and Avaya IP Office
VoIP Design and Implementation
This role is based in our corporate office located in Dallas, Texas; primary schedule will be 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM; after hours availability and on-call rotation is required on an as-needed basis.
Other benefits of the Senior Network Engineer role include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Training for CEU’s Credits
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below:
We pay for referrals, so if this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them.
“Save Time, The Best Resources, Guaranteed!”
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!