Contract (Possibility to Go Perm)Software Quality Assurance Analyst With Great Company in Richardson, TX
If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.
Our client is a pre-IPO organization with over 320 locations in North America and $1B+ in revenue. They have a surprisingly small IT organization and are building out their infrastructure to support an enterprise-class business. This is an open-ended contract (minimum of 6 months) with a strong likelihood of conversion to permanent if everyone is interested in doing so. If only interested in contract, that is fine too!
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst will work closely with other developers, database administrators, and project managers to ensure total quality for one or more web-based or thick-client applications. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, conducting exploratory testing of new features, executing test cases, identifying bugs through systematic testing and ensuring defects are corrected, and working with end users to verify issues.
- Translate business requirements/user stories into acceptance test scenarios/cases, use cases, and test scripts to demonstrate that the end product meets the requirements.
- Develop, document and manage test plans for each assignment.
- Execute testing as per plan. Assess, document, and communicate findings and test results.
- Use database queries to create input data and to verify data updates resulting from test execution.
- Identify, document and resolve issues. Escalate unresolved issues to team and Project Manager, as appropriate.
- Prioritize and successfully complete multiple tasks to support system releases.
- Provide timely updates on test progress of project.
- Minimum of 4 years QA experience.
- Experience in both web-based and thick-client applications, functional/non-functional testing, regression tests, performance tests, security/interoperability testing, usability testing.
- The ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and good team player.
- Ability to develop and use database queries to input test data and verify test results. Experience with SQL required.
- Ability to provide test design, input and expected results for test automation.
- Experience with test automation tools/languages and mobile application testing are preferred.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below:
1) Can you please email an updated Word copy of your resume?
2) What is your availability to start?
3) Are you open to a contract position?
4) What is your current salary or pay rate?
5) Are you currently eligible to work for any employer in the US?
6) When is the best time to contact you and what # can you be reached at for this opportunity?