We pay for referrals, so if this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them.
Direct-hire and Contract Project Manager Opportunities with Great Company in Addison, TX
Job Title: Project Manager
Overview:The Project Manager must work effectively in a fast-paced, quick-to-market environment. Business needs and aggressive growth drive the need for effective communication and on-time project delivery. The primary focus of this position is to drive program and project strategy, deliver promised functionality, and ensure efforts remain on task, on schedule and on budget.
- Lead and manage projects and/or programs from inception to delivery using standard project management / SDLC protocols
- Perform Project and Program Management budget estimation for all internal and external project resources
- Create detailed project delivery and project implementation plans and execute projects according to plan
- Use Project Management tools for optimal financial roll-up, time tracking and milestone management
- Provide advice and consultation to Business Analysts and other project members on more difficult and complex assignments
- Liaise and effectively manage communications between the user community, IT department, and all business units, project participants, and vendors internal / external to the firm
- Report on status, risk mitigation, progress, etc. to senior management and project stakeholders
- Actively participate in IT design reviews to ensure compatibility and interoperability of computing systems
- Provide knowledge and expertise to assist in the development of project management principals and best practices
- Ensure project deliverables are on time, within budget and are at the required level of quality
- Evaluate outcome of the project as defined during the planning stage
- Bachelor’s Degree required at a minimum
- Minimum of 10 years of IT delivery experience, 5-7 years in a project management role
- Experience managing projects in both waterfall and agile software development methodologies
- Previous experience or exposure to program, portfolio management or project management office processes
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Energy / Utility experience and a variety of IT project experience including IT infrastructure is a plus
- Proficient understanding and expert-level knowledge of Microsoft suite products, Project Server software and related methodologies
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, modeling, verification and methodology development
- Ability to effectively manage multiple work streams concurrently
- Strong knowledge of system testing, software quality assurance and change management best practices and methodologies
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Experience working with both SAS and on premise technologies
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings
- Some travel may be required
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below:
1) Could you please email an updated Word copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org?
2) What is your availability to start?
3) Are you open to a direct-hire position?
4) What is your current salary or pay rate?
5) Are you currently eligible to work for any employer in the US?
6) When is the best time to contact you and what # can you be reached at for this opportunity?