Direct-hire Azure Engineer Opportunity With Great Company in Richardson, TX
Azure Cloud Engineer
The Azure Cloud Engineer would need to have at least 3 to 5 years of experience. This Candidate’s primary responsibilities include responsibility for the design/planning, management, support, and oversight of the environment.
This Candidate will assist with managing, maintaining, monitoring and securing (including data security) of all servers including installations, upgrades, patches and documentation.
The Azure Cloud Engineer will work across the enterprise to coordinate with the various stakeholders. This is an experienced individual contributor position that will work with cross-functional team members for day-to-day support and engineering activities.
The right candidate for our Azure Cloud Engineer will be well versed in networking concepts like VPN, routing, NAT and security protocols. Additional responsibilities will include developing scripting/automation for network devices and Microsoft Azure services, Windows server administration, and configuration management of the IaaS environment. Emphasis will also be placed on contributing to infrastructure monitoring and alerting capabilities for the IaaS and PaaS resources.
- Reviews on the architecture and design deliverables and support as an SME.
- Ensure knowledge transfer with team members.
- Work with new technologies so that the solution is current and meets quality standards and business requirements.
- Gather specifications and deliver solutions to the organization based on understanding of a cloud and hybrid premise based technology.
- Train and develop team members so as to ensure that there is an adequate supply of trained manpower in the said technology and deliver risks are mitigated.
- Identify alternatives, pros and cons, and make recommendations.
- Anticipate when architectural change will be needed and prepare the organization for a successful transition.
- Support public and hybrid cloud-based, optimized environment, with event driven metrics, elastically scalable designs that are fault tolerant.
- Drive public and hybrid cloud-based, proof-of-concept prototypes that assess the feasibility of solutions and demonstrate to our clients how technology can be leveraged.
- Identify, analyze and resolve the most complex public and hybrid cloud-based issues.
- Identify and balance risks and rewards to meet objectives.
- Establish relationships with strategic public and hybrid cloud vendors to acquire knowledge develop partnerships, and collaborate on potential architectural solutions and technology acquisitions.
- Work with Infrastructure and Business Solution teams to manage service and support of the Azure Cloud environment.
- Experience in scripting for automation, provisioning, and scalability
- Extensive experience with Windows servers and systems deployment and administration concepts (AD and Azure AD)
- A high degree of understanding of networking concepts like VPNs, NAT, IP routing, ACLs
- Extensive experience with server virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Direct experience in Cloud platform technologies – Amazon or Microsoft Azure.
- Three (3) years’ experience and proven success in Azure design, support and management within a large-scale organization.
- Knowledge of virtual application delivery technologies and virtual desktop infrastructures including knowledge of disaster recovery concepts.
- Experience with backup technologies (IBM TSM, VEEAM Preferred).
- 5+ years of experience setting up and configuring build servers and build agents.
- Experience with deployment tools and virtual lab management.
- Experience building and deploying with Windows technologies.
- Experience supporting and documenting build and configuration changes throughout environments.
- Understanding of industry standard system architecture and system management tools.
- Experience in the design, deployment, and support of large, complex systems.
- Ongoing management of configuration and layout of VMware virtual infrastructure.
- Experience in cost optimization of cloud deployments for applications.
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Visio).
- Azure Infrastructure: 5 years (Required)
- Scripting: 7 years (Required)
- LAN/WAN: 10 years (Required)
- Windows Administration: 10 years (Required)
- VMware Administration: 7 years (Required)
- Azure certifications a plus
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below:
Save Time, The Best Resources, Guaranteed!