Our downtown Dallas, TX client is looking for a Direct-hire Sr Systems Engineer.
If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.
As a key member of the company IT Infrastructure team the Systems Engineer will be responsible for major stages of the systems life cycle. An ideal candidate will be a high performing individual who is able to handle large scale projects and work closely with teams throughout the organization. Soft-skills are a major component of this individual’s toolkit along with their technical efficacy. This individual will be tasked with ensuring the day-to-day health, security and stability of our infrastructure. Monitoring system performance, backup cycles and preventative maintenance are among the daily tasks. They will be asked to participate in projects throughout the enterprise which would be in addition to daily duties and must be able to handle multiple timelines to complete tasks on time. Below is a list of responsibilities that are in addition to duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology field preferred or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience supporting WinTel systems and virtualization platforms in the enterprise.
- MCSE/MCITP certifications preferred.
- Expert knowledge of server clustering, cloud technologies and core infrastructure hardware.
- Expert knowledge of WinTel platforms, SQL, IIS, enterprise printing and faxing.
- Expert knowledge of Exchange, Office 365, Skype for Business and other collaboration suites.
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM, SCOM and antivirus applications.
- Experience in building large, scalable and highly available mission critical infrastructures.
- Working knowledge of disaster recovery and backup technologies.
- Excellent soft-skills and analytical skills.
- A self-starter who can work independently as well as thrive in a team environment.
- Build and test system platforms to document integration compatibility with our infrastructure.
- Participate in Proof of Concept deployments which may benefit the organization.
- Ensure Service Delivery for all application and their supporting system components.
- Document, maintain and verify stability of production systems.
- Make yourself available for knowledge transfer to all levels within the IT organizations.
- Recognize variance from a deployed specification to maintain configuration management.
- Monitor all system performance and identify bottlenecks.
- Ensure system security by monitoring alerts and staying current with security bulletins.
- Make sure system backups are functioning properly and test per policy.
- New systems delivery must be done on-time and per specifications.
- Make sure ticket queues are being handled in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot complex network, storage and compute issues
- Provide a solution, root cause analysis and preventative measures for system issues.
- Author automation script for repetitive tasks.
- Participate in network, storage and compute patch management.
- Mentor teammates to increase the knowledge pool and foster technology adoption.
- Hours generally support a balanced lifestyle, however must be willing and able to work long hours and some weekend work as projects/tasks require
Must have the ability to safely perform movements such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching and lifting up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
As assigned, including some weekends, evenings and holidays; exempt position
If you are have this experience and are interested, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or please answer the questions below and attach your resume: