If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this email to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.
Senior Programmer Analyst
Job Summary: Under general direction, formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs. Competent to work on all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Part of a global team
- Follow and achieve IT key metrics
- Application development projects must be secure and not put the business at risk through data loss or infiltration
- Application development projects are maintainable and are properly backed-up
- Application development projects meet defined requirements of the end user
- Deliver high quality application development analysis and meet project deadlines
- Help drive the lean enterprise system in IT processes
- Follow HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) and related work instructions and assist implementation of HSE regulations and policies
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
Perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements. Develop, install, maintain, and modify advanced scientific and/or engineering application programs, business application programs, or integrated programs.
- Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, databases, and programming technology.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Refine data and format final product.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Test and develop programming modifications.
- Write new program code using prescribed specifications.
- Evaluate interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
- Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs.
- Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Write and maintain programming documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Give guidance, training and task coordination to entry level employees.
- Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Perform and/or assist with software installations of internally developed applications.
- Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members as required.
- Provide training on internally developed applications to new company staff as required.
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effectively communicate with internal business partners, both orally and in writing. English preferred (bi-lingual a plus).
- Maintain compliance with organizational Core Values
- Exhibit organizational Leadership Competencies
- Comply with IT & company SOP’s
- 4+ years of experience in application development and analysis
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective and respectful working relationships with management, employees, vendors, clients, and the public
Education, Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Information Administration, or a closely related field.
- Four years of experience in information services, computer systems, or directly related.
Job Type: Full-time
- Application Development & Analysis: 4 years
- information services: 4 years
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below: