If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this email to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.
Direct-hire Senior Manager IT Enterprise Operations Opportunity in Dallas, TX
Company is committed to being the leader in the brand experience category by designing and producing powerful integrated digital and live events that connect people in ways that are meaningful and measurable.
This is a company built on integrity and a commitment to the well-being of our colleagues, our clients, the industry, and the environment. Nearly 90 years later, the Company family still runs the company, along with more than 7,000 equally passionate employee-owners and 30,000 part-time workers. The family legacy shines through everything we do, from our creative inspiration right down to the sustainable carpet under your feet.
As a critical IT leader, you will be responsible for ensuring the technology “Run” function for the enterprise. You will be heavily involved in charting the course for our operational standards and engineering best practices. You will lead our technology operations teams to ensure highly available and secure systems for internal and external consumers in a growing Hypbrid Cloud Native environment. The role will lead in the development and implementation of operational best practices, ensuring our systems are available to those serving the needs of our employees who produce events for some of the most well known brands in the world. This is an exciting time as we also embark on our strategy for ubiquitous computing with cloud applications and a 5-year roadmap that includes an impactful digitial transformation. We’re looking for individuals that show they can do whatever it takes to make sure the technology we create, and existing solutions we support, are successfully deployed to our employees. The right person for this position will be able to demonstrate creative energy, collaboration and passion for ensuring successful customer experiences. You’ll be expected to collaborate and communicate well, to help lead and direct other team members in our quest to be the premier provider of solutions to the event industry. Your enthusiasm will help drive technology initiatives across the various lines of business, seeking collaborative efficiencies that drive profitabilty.
Flexibility, adaptability and agility are key. Some of the things we do have never been done before, so we need someone who can adapt both in thinking and learning new processes, applications and methods as well as be the change leader to execute them. You will occasionally be asked to travel to events and work with our Business Partners to help make sure our technology offerings are designed, deployed, supported and used successfully.
The Senior Manager, IT Enterprise Operations provides strategic vision, leadership and effective team management to all technology operations functions within the enterprise. This leader will drive operational teams in core networking (switching/routing, MPLS, wireless) network security (firewalls, IPS, load-balancers), database administration, Windows/Linux server administration, Datacenter systems, ESX/VXRail, NSX, traditional Active Directory services as well as implementing an Azure AD strategy for the enterprise. These teams will be key contributors during M&A efforts, working primarily on systems integrations with email and identity management, as well as connectivity and security best practices. These standards must also ensure compliance with required data classification policies such as PCI, GDPR and ISO. This leader will need to thrive in a collaborative environment, considering the role will be heavily involved with multiple IT functional domains, including application development, architecture, security and branch operations.
The Senior Manager, IT Enterprise Operations will be a person that is able to lead the transformation of the IT Operations team from traditional Operations to a Cloud Native NetOps team. As a company we are a couple of years into a Digital Transformation. We have an established DevOps process based on the SAFe methodology. The next step in our transformation is to build out the cloud operations procedures.
This leader will effectively motivate and mentor their teams to engineer and architect highly available systems in a large, critical, metrics-driven environment. This individual will also be tasked with leading and managing varioius corporate initiatives, many of which will include Company international operations. Locating the right talent, hiring, challenging and investing in the right talent will require someone with a unique set of skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads several technology teams, across multiple disciplines, who are responsible for creating and supporting a highly available enterprise environment of in excess of 7,000 nodes
- Transformation of the current Operational organization into a NetOps delivery organization
- Direct oversight and strategic and operational leadership of the following enterprise operations teams: Windows/Linux server administration, network security (firewall, IPS, load-balancers, routing/switching, wireless, etc.), database administration (SQL, Oracle), ESX/NSX-T, VXRail, Active Directory identity services, branch technology support and traditional Microsoft email services through Office365
- Responsible for production incident management and support, developing root cause analysis (RCA) reports
- Lead, guide and support multiple workstream leads / consultants through the design and implementation of
- targeted change strategies including identification of change impacts to people, process, policy, and structure, stakeholder identification and alignment, appropriate communication and feedback loops, success measures, training, organizational readiness, and long-term sustainability
- Develops and implements proactive network security standards, protecting the enterprise from bad actors across the globe
- Manages and drives the tactical aspects of all M&A efforts, focusing on the integration phases
- Responsible for the mangement, security and daily operations of multiple datacenters
- Works with Sr Manager of Enteprise Services to develop and impelement secure and repeatable processes using automation tools
- Works with Sr Manager of Enterprise Services to develop, define, and implement branch strategies for UCaaS, NaaS, SD-WAN, and Priviledged Remote Access (Zero Trust Model)
- Leads branch infrastructure deployments, including new office setup and configuration
- Analyzes trends in technology and assesses the potential impact to the business
- Performs resource management functions, ensuring the teams are being utilized effectively
- Provides assessments and solutions to address technology and business issues
- Manages the financial resources of the company while delivering quality technology solutions
- Maintains relationships with strategic vendors, key employees and business stakeholders
- Develops operational best practices and communicates those standards to leadership
- Provides operational feedback to leadership and provides alternative approaches when needed
- Manages technology utilization and capacity planning for the enterprise
- Ensure that our database platforms are optimized for agility and performance
- Develop thorough cost estimates for new projects, including capital, labor and expense variables
- Maintain working documentation and visual schematics of environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
COMPANY’S FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES:
- Adaptability – Effectively adapts to changing work environments. Remains flexible in spite of adversity. Embraces change from current environment to desired future state. Adapts effectively to changing technology and changing job demands.
- Resourcefulness – Takes steps to improve processes, correct errors, and expand overall products or services in order to meet the customer’s changing needs. Strives for continuous improvement and ultimately perfection by identifying opportunities and assessing risks. Supports an environment that is conducive to change and fosters a free exchange of ideas to improve processes.
- Customer Focus – Provides excellent customer service to clients, vendors, and/or fellow Company employees. Responds promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently to internal and external customer needs. Manages difficult or emotional situations. Recognizes sense of urgency in responding to needs. Follows up to ensure requests, needs, and commitments are met consistently. Displays an attitude of friendliness and service towards our customers and a willingness to make the extra effort to satisfy their needs.
- Dependability – Meets deadlines and commitments to ensure the job gets done. Consistently completes assignments in an accurate and timely fashion. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Demonstrates ability to work independently. Meets deadlines and performs at expected level in typical circumstances as well as unexpected circumstances.
- Ethics – Exemplifies and integrates Company’s code of ethics into all aspects of management. Supports and upholds the organization’s standards and values. Demonstrates honesty, reliability, and professionalism. Maintains the highest ethical standards in Company policy and employee conduct. Discourages violation of ethical conduct. Ensures sensitive information remains confidential.
KEY LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES:
- Business Acumen – Understands industry and overall business operations. Understands the business implications of decisions. Aligns team’s work to support strategic goals and initiatives. Sets goals and manages priorities and expectations.
- Communications – Expresses thoughts clearly, accurately, and precisely both verbally and in writing. Demonstrates good listening skills. Reacts appropriately while listening and understanding the views of others. Encourages open communication. Negotiates effectively with difficult people. Demonstrates a willingness to change approach based on feedback. Helps others see a different point of view.
- Decision-Making – Makes sound and practical decisions by considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and all related requirements. Works effectively when dealing with unclear situations.
- Diversity – Commits to building an inclusive workforce of unique employees that are empowered to make valuable contributions while reaching their fullest potential. Creates and maintains a professional and successful environment where differences are respected and the skills and abilities of diverse individuals are valued.
- Drive to Perform – Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals. Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm and personal performance. Helps others achieve their personal performance standards. Accurately assesses and communicates performance strengths and weaknesses. Has demonstrated a self-starter and self-motivated work attitude. Seeks additional work when available.
- Financial Acumen – Identifies and implements appropriate cost control measures. Proactively manages and maintains an acceptable P&L for the function, department, or branch. Develops realistic and accurate financial projections. Operates within approved capital expenditures budget. Analyzes financial reporting to ensure budgetary success of function, department, or branch. Maintain an understanding of appropriate financial systems and processes. Chooses the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem. Creates and interprets graphs, tables, and formulas.
- Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets other’s attention. Champions quality work and takes steps to correct errors or improve overall products/services. Drives continuous improvement by identifying opportunities and assessing risks. Supports an environment that is conducive to change and fosters the free exchange of ideas.
- Leadership – Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to guide individuals or groups toward achieving results. Inspires commitment to the company, their services, and future success. Seeks opportunities to share resources and reduce redundancies across team. Ensures team is adequately trained and has on-going developmental opportunities. Serves as a role model for employees. Empowers employees to make work related decisions. Motivates employees to achieve their work goals.
- Planning and Implementing – Plans and implements work according to appropriate timelines. Juggles priorities and manages multiple priorities within allotted timelines by prioritizing work appropriately. Adjusts actions, schedules, or timelines in relation to internal or external pressures and forces. Meets personal deadlines and follows up with others to ensure their deadlines are met satisfactorily. Understands and considers big picture issues when developing timelines.
- Relationship Building / Teamwork – Facilitates a positive and productive team oriented environment. Encourages open communication/feedback within the team. Minimizes conflict and builds collaboration to maintain productive team. Treats people with honesty and respect. Maintains positive relations with employees at all levels.
- Critical Thinking/Decision-Making – Uses logic and reasoning to analyze and resolve problems. Takes appropriate and timely action to achieve desired business results within assigned scope. Considers alternatives before making decisions. Generates creative solutions to problems. Makes sound and practical decisions by considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and all related requirements. Works effectively when dealing with unclear situations.
- Job Knowledge – Uses in depth knowledge of concepts, principles, and procedures and applies them to varied and complex situations within assigned scope. Uses available resources to meet job demands.
- Management Skills – Motivates, mentors, and develops a diverse workforce and provides an environment that is conducive to achievement and growth. Makes difficult and occasionally unpopular decisions after considering impact. Manages time to ensure productivity.
- Persuasiveness / Negotiating – Promotes decision making within team and empowers team to remedy issues as they occur.
- Presentation Skills / Communications – Creates and/or presents training materials to their teams as required. Expresses thoughts clearly, accurately, and precisely both verbally and in writing. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Reacts appropriately while listening and understanding the views of others. Encourages open communication. Demonstrates a willingness to change approach based on feedback.
Provides management of a group of direct reports including hiring, training, performing disciplinary action, record keeping, and other supervisory duties as outlined in the essential duties and responsibilities section above.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in a working environment
- 5+ years progressive experience in managing large scale, technical, corporate engineering and/or operations team
- 5+ years experience developing IT strategic plans and IT roadmaps
- 8+ years experience leading an technology engineering or operations discipline
- 8+ years experience in leading a design/architect organization
- 5+ years experience managing an enterprise operations team that includes the disciplines (Load Balancing, IPS, WinLin Administration, DB principles, and Virtualization Technologies
- 5+ years experience leading a security program for an organization bound by regulatory entities
- 5+ years experience in project leadership in a matrixed technology environment
- 3+ years experience in enterprise telephony (VoIP) (in a decentralized environment is a plus)
- 3+ years experience with ESX enterprise support
- Experience in leading and managing driving root cause analysis (RCA) processes and communications
- Experience with data integration technologies
- Exposure to datacenter automation techniques and enterprise scripting tools
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proven track record of organizing, managing and leading technical staff
- Ability to manage projects with a varied level of complexity
- Ability to work on multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism during busy times and when dealing with difficult customers
- Ability to find solutions within a diverse IT environment
- Passion for teamwork, career growth, and knowledge sharing
- Ability to adapt quickly to change.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below:
ProVisionTech Jobs – Dallas IT Jobs – Dallas Technical Jobs
Integrity in Recruiting
“Save Time, The Best Resources, Guaranteed!”