If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.
Contract DevOps Opportunity in Downtown Dallas, TX
Primary responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer include developing and managing build processes, supporting continuous integration, supporting continuous delivery (application deployment) and supporting the applications and underlying tools to transform code into running products on a daily basis. This includes working with complex configuration environments (build & test servers, virtual labs), plus generalizing tools and processes to accommodate multiple languages and architectures. This position will also work closely with the projects, production release and operations teams to establish consistent, high quality packaged builds for deployment to our customers.
- Applies optimal testing techniques and performs necessary quality control checks to verify software installation packages work as designed.
- Complies with software packaging quality and performance standards, and testing processes and procedures.
- Develop and manage build and release processes and configurations to support daily software development, testing, production builds and deployment operations.
- Contribute to the collection, development, review, and adoption of enterprise software build strategies, software branching strategies, configuration management, deployment practices and techniques.
- Recommend, design, develop, adapt, integrate and troubleshoot tools and plug-ins to support the software configuration management (SCM) system and database.
- Stand up, troubleshoot and maintain documentation for build servers and virtual environments.
- Actively participate in the dissemination of build and configuration status information through formal, informal and persistent communication to program and product delivery teams and managers.
- Contribute in implementation and adherence to continuous integration practices, including build automation, test automation, fast builds and clean build maintenance.
- Coordinate and deliver production-ready release packages to deployment teams through a coordinated and scheduled configuration control process.
- Directly assist teams in their setup of solutions and projects to align and enable best practices in software management, branching, merging and packaging.
- Strong background with either AWS or Azure cloud services
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Minimum 6 years’ experience developing and/or managing software source code
- 3+ years’ recent experience as a build and deployment engineer using industry standard tools.
- 5+ years’ experience setting up and configuring build servers and build agents.
- Experience with deployment tools and virtual lab management.
- Experience building and deploying with Linux, UNIX and Windows technologies.
- Experience supporting and documenting build and configuration changes throughout environments.
- A BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with good scripting/programming skills.
- Prior software experience with build management, configuration management and/or quality testing.
- Experience with SCM practices including Agile, continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD).
- Experience building and deploying with Java and Microsoft technologies.
- Intermediate to advanced expertise in LINUX, UNIX, knowledge of hardware, command line tools and application programming interfaces (APIs).
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a high-profile environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse cross-functional groups, including Quality, Configuration Management, Data Management, IT operations, and Project Management.
Team Culture: Our team is fast paced, fun, highly energetic, motivated and hardworking. We expect our candidates to be integrated into our results-driven and solution-oriented culture from the get-go. Our team attains high-quality results on challenging projects; the belief that outcomes are linked to one’s effort rather than chance and the tendency to personally set challenging yet realistic goals.
email@example.com and include answers to the questions below:
1) Can you email an updated Word copy of your resume?
2) What is your availability to start?
3) Are you open to a contract position?
4) What is your current salary or pay rate?
5) Are you currently eligible to work for any employer in the US?
6) When is the best time to contact you and what # can you be reached at for this opportunity?