We pay for referrals, so if this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this email to them.
Direct-hire Network Administrator Opportunity with a Great Company in Downtown Dallas, TX
JOB TITLE: SENIOR NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
REPORTS TO: Systems Architect
This role is part of the IT Infrastructure Team in the Network and Telecommunications Group and includes (but is not limited to) administering, deploying and configuring network and telecom systems. The Sr Network Administrator plays an integral part of overall enterprise network health, ensuring high network availability. This role requires a high level of technical aptitude to address a wide range of network challenges and provide viable solutions to complex issues. The Sr Network Administrator will ensure a stable and secure networking environment for The client company and its affiliates. They will own and resolve network-related incidents and requests within the established SLA’s. This position runs point during network outages or equipment issues. Administers the company’s network and telecom infrastructure, as well as supporting relative initiatives as daily tasks. The ideal candidate will have a solid technical background across multiple network vendor solutions as well as exceptional communication and organizational skills. The Sr Network Administrator will be honest, accurate and professional in all their daily interactions with team members, business partners and residents. They will treat everyone with dignity and respect while engaged in company business at the office or offsite.
- Responsible for administering and maintaining the complex network infrastructure at The client company.
- Monitor network systems and create alerting policies.
- Document procedures for network hardware/software administration.
- Administer toolsets which monitor network health and performance.
- Prepare report data sets on network health, performance and utilization.
- Address security incidents and perform Root Cause Analysis.
- Administer enterprise routing, switching and wireless devices.
- Administer firewalls, VPN concentrators, IDS/IPS and other security appliances.
- Administer Cloud Networks, Cisco Nexus and Meraki equipment.
- Administer core infrastructure networks at our data centers.
- Work with Infrastructure Team and various groups throughout the company to deploy, decommission, or relocate network equipment and devices.
- Serve as an escalation point on network and telecom related issues.
- Optimize network performance from the core network to the endpoints.
- Administer network management tools for day to day operations
- Develop and document network scripts to automate common network tasks
- Manage company-wide VoIP phone system
- Provide coaching sessions for knowledge transfer in a small group setting.
- Conduct presentation and whiteboard sessions for management team.
- Document step-by-step procedures to fix known issues, establish solutions or processes in the company knowledge base.
- Monitor solutions that enforce network policies and procedures, assuring users and devices adhere to company security standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience administering and supporting large multivendor voice and data networks, six (6) years’ experience is preferred.
- CCNP Certification is desired; CCNA a minimum.
- Solid experience administering virtualized networks.
- Solid experience administering IP network delivery services for voice, video and other types of application data.
- Ability to discuss network component capabilities and perform advanced integration with multiple 3rd party products and services.
- Experience with telecom/data carrier provisioning, billing, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Use current best practices around IT standards, principles, and security.
- Knowledge of core networking concepts including switching, routing, and wireless technologies.
- Knowledge of network principles, design, security and implementation.
- Knowledge of network security, firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, wireless Access Points.
- Knowledge of MPLS, QoS, VPN IPSec and SSL technologies.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, HSRP and VRRP.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Respond effectively and in a timely manner to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Individual accountability and contributions within a team-based environment.
- Use metrics and established KPI’s to identify common problems.
- Perform root cause analysis to pinpoint deficiencies in design, engineering or implementation.
- Maintain company standards and ensure they are adhered to.
- Work proactively and cooperatively to increase capabilities of the IT Operations team.
- Ability to take initiative and move projects forward with limited direction.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work at a swift pace with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ease in building/establishing rapport with people and teams at all levels of the organization.
- Professional demeanor, goal-oriented, self-motivated, creative, flexible and adaptable to new situations.
- Passion for learning, trying new things, understanding what works and quickly adjusting for what doesn’t.
Cisco Switches, Routers and Firewalls
LAN, WAN and WLAN
MPLS, EIGRP, BGP
Multivendor VoIP Troubleshooting
Meraki Cloud Networking
This role is based in our corporate office located in Dallas, Texas; standard weekday hours as well as on-call after-hours rotation.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please email the answers the questions below: