Direct-hire Technical Writer Lead Opportunity in Dallas, TX
We pay for referrals, so if this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them.
Our client is currently looking for a tech writer lead.
Technical Writing Team Lead
Responsible for authoring technical documentation as a contributing member of the team. Coordinates with other teams and departments to determine technical writing needs. Provides work assignments and mentorship to other team members.
Strong understanding of technical writing concepts, practices and procedures. Has a strong knowledge of computer technology. Ensures new publications follow established documentation procedures. Leads internal process documentation. Evaluates existing publications for quality, relevancy, and accuracy. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned from time-to-time.
- Determine technical writing needs and priorities and assign required resources
- Work cooperatively with other internal departments to schedule activities.
- Be responsible for the creation of technical documentation deliverables.
- Mentor and train employees in the Technical Writing department.
- Research technical writing trends to improve documentation.
- Oversees day to day activities of employees of the Technical Writing department.
- Obtain complete understanding of products as required to develop user documentation.
Leads and directs the work of others members of the team. Requires experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty
- 10+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Experience with a variety of content management tools.
- Experience with MadCap Flare and GIT are desirable.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience leading small teams.
- Technical writing experience with complex software applications.
- Knowledge of email servers, mail relays, internet protocols, and email encryption are desirable.
Employees regularly are required to:
- Use oral and written communication skills to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Work well with other internal client teams.
- Use time management and meet multiple deadlines.
- Be well organized, thorough, and detail-oriented.
- Read and interpret information and documents.
- Analyze and solve problems.
- Work effectively with customers (internal and/or external) who may be encountered in the course of work.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below:
1) Do you have an updated Word copy of your resume?
2) What is your availability to start?
3) Are you open to a direct-hire position?
4) What is your current salary or pay rate?
5) Are you currently eligible to work for any employer in the US?
6) When is the best time to contact you and what # can you be reached at for this opportunity?
Visit our website: www.provisiontechgroup.com