If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this email to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.
Direct-hire Sr VOIP Engineer Opportunity with Great Company in Dallas, TX
Our client is seeking an experienced VoIP Engineer excited to work for a growing company which provides Voice Over IP (VoIP), hosted PBX, voicemail and fax solutions. This position will be instrumental in assisting the company to deliver high levels of service availability.
- Responsible for design implementation, planning and capacity management of the telephony environment. Expertise required on Broadsoft Broadworks and Broadsoft M6 platforms.
- Work together with the Implementation Coordinators, Network Engineers and Field Operations to troubleshoot and resolve persistent problems and escalated tier 2/3 issues.
- Establish operational best practices and standard operating procedures for deployment, support, break-fix, and management (monitoring, inventory, sparing, etc).
- Interact with cross functional teams from Network Engineering, Sales Engineering and Provisioning to review product requirements, functional specifications, and detailed designs.
- Hold vendors & telecom carriers accountable to resolve systemic issues, bugs and abnormally high failure rates.
- Project management of high and low level Telephony /Equipment related tasks.
- Interop testing and network troubleshooting with the telecom carriers (Level3, XO, Paetec, etc).
- Assess utilization trends and make appropriate design and implementation recommendations to scale the architecture.
- Assist in the planning and management of all aspects of Network and Telephony related projects.
- Scale and deploy redundant collocation facilities.
- Provide 24×7 on-call support and escalation to Network and Telephony carriers
- Cisco CCNA / CCDA
- 5+ years experience engineering or supporting large scale production voice networks.
- Understanding of Telephone Company & Carrier procedures, trouble shooting and documentation.
- Deep understanding SIP, SCCP & RTP
- Experience in supporting mission-critical 24×7 Telecom & Network services
- Knowledge of telecom principals and terminology including DID*s Toll Free numbers, LATA OCN and NPA-NXX etc.
- Self-starter with excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to prioritize tasks and organize workflow accordingly
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to understand the problem and communicate it for others
- Experience with voice protocols SIP/ISDN/SS7/MGCP/T.38
Desired Technology Skills:
- PROTOCOLS *IP/VOIP: TCP/IP protocols suite, SIP/SDP, STUN, H323, MGCP, BGP, HSRP, OSPF, DNS, SIP, RTP
- SECURITY: IPSec, VPN
- LAN, AND WAN: Ethernet/VLAN/ Spanning tree, Frame Relay/ISDN
- Linux or Sun Solaris administration experience with exposure to some of the following: Apache, DNS, Tomcat, MySQL, TimesTen, Java, C++, and PERL
NETWORK ANALYSIS AND EMS: Wireshark/EtheReal
SOFTSWITCHES/GATEWAYS: Session Controllers/Proxies and Media Gateways, ACME, Broadsoft, M6
Cisco Routers 26xx, 28xx
Cisco Switches 29xx, 35xx
Polycom SIP Phones
Cisco VoIP Phones
Firewall Platforms (Cisco ASA)
5+ years routing and switching (mastery level)
5+ years experience with Broadsoft / M6 switch environment
5+ years experience with VoIP including VoIP implementation experience
3+ years experience with SIP implementation
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below: