Sr. Network Engineer
Facilitates the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems (including security, wireless and VOIP technologies) of moderate/high complexity. Develops the network planning, network architecture design and engineering. Responsible for the administration and maintenance of company’s global network infrastructure and will provide mentoring for less experienced staff. Evaluates new products and is required to keep abreast of emerging technologies and provide recommendations where necessary. Performs and manages network problem resolution and oversees the development and documentation of best practices.
Design & Architecture
Develops specifications for complex network/security architecture for company information and network systems/applications. Develops network/security solutions for the company’s global networks and virtual private networks, application systems, key public infrastructures, authentication and directory services to ensure the security of the network and confidentiality of the data. Performs analysis, capacity planning and prepares technical designs and solutions. Additionally, performs upgrade analysis consultation.
Assesses the security posture of company by managing network/security devices/systems. and technical capabilities of new and existing network environments. Provides awareness of emerging threats and vulnerabilities and recommends the appropriate mitigation strategies. Provides integration review/design, migration or replacement of network/security devices for all SBH acquisitions. Implements network/security devices including firewalls, IDS/IPS, ACLs, and various other security devices. Adheres to industry accepted network/security best practices. Produces and reports on cyber threats as they relate to the company and industry. Conducts vulnerability scans against company owned assets to assist in determining security posture.
Performs or manages large network design upgrades and hardware reconfigurations. Conducts network studies and traffic analyses, develops network architectures, prepares forecasts of network traffic and capacity, and recommends modifications to the network configurations that reduce costs or improve service. Utilizes network management software to produce appropriate metric reports.
Troubleshooting & Support
Serves as a high level technical resource on large scale network/security issues. Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) and also provides 3rd level support for network/security related incidents. Proactively monitors and measures the overall infrastructure performance and recommends or drives the necessary corrective measures, if necessary. Participates in on-call rotation requiring troubleshooting during off hours.
Leads the research & evaluation of new network/security technologies (software & systems) from vendors. Also makes recommendations to business and technology teams (local, remote and international). Conducts proof of concept testing on emerging technologies. Assesses how those technologies are relevant to/how they would impact the SBH global infrastructure.
Policies, Standards, Guidelines, Procedures, and Audits
Assists in the development of network/security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures relevant to global IT infrastructure. Participates in audits providing requested network/security information on time and as requested by the audit teams. Adheres to SOX, PCI, and local regulatory requirements to ensure compliancy.
Develops and publishes network/security design templates. Develops and publishes risk assessment templates for but not limited to: software, hardware devices. Develops and publishes any other documentation for use by internal implementation (or other support) teams.
Serves as a mentor for less experienced staff. Provides oversight and thorough review of other engineers’ designs and implementations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, equivalent work experience may be considered
- Minimum 4-6 years of IT network experience in infrastructure/network environments performing network engineering (hardware and/or software), design, planning and implementation
- Minimum of 3 years of experience ideally working in a large global enterprise network in a design, engineering, or architecture role. This includes a minimum of 2 years of experience designing, configuration, and testing prototype network configurations prior to installation
- Networking, network design and network security experience
- 6 years of LAN/WAN Network Engineering experience installing, maintaining, configuring, and troubleshooting network equipment including Arista/Aruba/Cisco routers and switches
- Advanced knowledge of routing protocols e.g. MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VPN, QoS, NHRP, GRE
- Strong troubleshooting skills and effective troubleshooting methods including:
- Load balancing traffic and engineering for automatic failover
- Hands-on experience with traffic monitoring and management
- Must have Arista/Aruba/Cisco routing and switching knowledge and experience, Palo Alto/ASA firewalls, VPN and Wireless experience.
- Experience with F5 load balancing hardware
- Ability to design enterprise network routing architectures using protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, RIP, and static routes. Must be skilled in the use of routing protocols (EIGRP, OSFP, BGP), understand QOS, be able to implement traffic policing and shaping on a LAN/WAN network and understand GRE tunneling
- Must have advanced knowledge of datacenter routing and switching
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving network anomalies on an operational network
- Experience with a broad range of security products such as Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, AV, VPNs, Authentication, Content Filtering, etc. in a variety of network implementations.
- CCNP certified is or equivalent experience is desirable
Competencies / Attributes
- Customer focused attitude
- Attention to detail
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to clearly articulate complex issues to various levels/audiences
- Proven track record of successful project management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Ability to develop and implement highly complex network/security projects.
- Solid analytical skills to troubleshoot highly complex and/or technical problems
- Ability to engage with customers, manufacturer partners, and internal and technical staff
- Ability to make decisions in stressful situations that align with strategic goals of business
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Willingness to Travel when necessary (domestic and international)
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below:
We pay for referrals, so if this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them.
“Save Time, The Best Resources, Guaranteed!”