Direct-hire Network Administrator I Opportunity in Carrollton, TX
Our client is a trusted partner in technology that focuses on Business, Architectural and Organizational outcomes by aligning People, Process, Technology and Data. In addition, we provide the strategic vision and expertise needed to keep your technology investments relative and agile across 5 key tenants; Multicloud, Cyber Security, Network Modernization, Collaboration, and Enterprise Visibility. We guarantee lower operating expenses with a higher level of integration that transforms the user experience.
We are energetic, success-driven, and a team-oriented environment; focused on driving positive customer outcomes. The right candidate will be customer centric and thrive in a fast-paced, detail oriented, technology-driven environment. The role of Network Administrator I will be a technical resource focused on the implementation, maintenance, and support of our networking services. The candidate will have a general working knowledge of networks and will be expected to complete both formal and informal training sessions to continue to expand their knowledge in this field. This role will be customer facing and will require awareness and acumen when dealing with our clients since this role will include working both onsite with our customers and in our office.
- Participate in selection, design, and maintenance of all customer management network topologies, trouble ticketing, switch port bandwidth utilization, network/WiFi monitoring, and firewall/VPN configuration management/versioning systems
- On-call for all infrastructure support and incident resolution. Provide guidance and solutions to solve and report on any recurring issues within client and in house infrastructure
- Experience with networking and configuration of virtualized network elements such as FWs, virtual switches, etc
- Monitor and trend traffic loads on all networks across the LAN and WAN. Monitor the status of key network equipment to ensure network resource availability
- Experience with Juniper, Mist, and Palo Alto network hardware is preferred
- Attend Change Advisory Board (CAB) meeting on a weekly basis for awareness of system and infrastructure changes
- Support the Field network systems and terminal network equipment
- Work with outsourced vendors on network operations requirements
- Experience with telephony network technologies such as UCCE, are highly desired, as well as VOIP, IVR, SIP, PRI implementation and support
- Ability to work simultaneously & autonomously on several high-profile project and deliver expected outcomes is expected
- Configure, install, optimize, and support wireless networks
- Assists with Incident, Change, and Capacity management as it relates to network infrastructure
- Adhere to all company corporate guiding principles, processes, policies, standards and procedures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency while tracking/reporting progress with complete follow-through
- Update/produce documentation when it is found outdated/missing or required for a project
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors Degree in MIS, Computer Science or equivalent work experience strongly preferred
- Juniper certifications or related certification preferred
- 2-5 years networking design, installation, maintenance and documentation experience
- Previous work with wireless environment, VPN design / configuration, routers and switches
- Knowledge of protocols such as IPSEC, OSPF, BGP, DHCP, TCP/IP 802.11/WPA and MPLS
- QOS, Cisco Radius/TACACS/Okta(MFA), SNMP
- Experience managing/setup of VLANs
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills desired
- ITIL experience a plus
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below:
We pay for referrals, so if this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them.