If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.
We have a client near downtown Dallas that is looking for a DevOps Engineer to lead automation.
Direct-hire DevOps Engineer Opportunity in Dallas, TX
Develops, deploys, documents, administers, and operates infrastructure, systems, and platform level automation tools to support developers in the configuration, deployment, and observability of applications by performing the following duties, including, but not limited to: (1) configuration management, (2) continuous integration, (3) continuous deployment, (4) diagnostics reporting, and (5) emergency response and remediation (on-call). Provides for the repeatable deployment of applications delivered from development via consistent runtime environments, accessible metrics, and collaborative debugging efforts. Successful applicant will be expected to complete HIPAA and SysTrust training and certification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned from time-to-time.
- Development, deployment, and maintenance of configuration management modules to support application deployments.
- Development, deployment, and maintenance of configuration management modules to address vulnerabilities discovered during security scans.
- Deployment of applications, operating system updates, and host patches to secure services infrastructure.
- Development, deployment, and maintenance of automation tools for commonly executed tasks and commands.
- Development, deployment, and maintenance of continuous integration, testing, and deployment pipelines.
- Development, deployment, and maintenance of observability, monitoring, and alerting modules.
- Development, deployment, and maintenance of automated remediation and self-healing platforms.
- Collaborates with Systems Engineers and Developers to provide features, support, and training on internally facing private cloud platform.
- Collaborates with Service Engineers and Systems Engineers to bring container infrastructure into parity with similar offerings from public cloud providers (aws/gce/etc).
- Collaborates with Systems Engineers, Service Engineers, and Developers in the design, build, and maintenance phases to specify, plan, implement, and improve automation tools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to the Systems Integration Manager and/or VP Operations satisfaction. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 Years work experience in a related field
- 5 Years’ experience with Linux
- 3 Years’ experience with configuration management (Preferably with Salt)
- 3 Years’ experience with observability and monitoring (Nagios, Prometheus, ELK)
- 1 Year experience with containerization (Preferably K8s on Docker)
- Experience with maintaining hardware installations
- Experience with SAN/ZFS architecture
- Experience with VMWare
- Experience with Linux based MTAs
- Experience in infosec
- Experience with networking/network architecture
- Experience with hardware/software load balancers
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and REGISTRATIONS
While not required, certifications in the following areas are desirable:
- Redhat or CentOS
- Amazon Web Services
- Google Compute Engine
OTHER SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE
- Strong debugging skills across the stack (infrastructure, systems, application)
- Ability to collaborate with members of a small team to ensure timely delivery
- Desire to help build the next iteration of a continuous integration infrastructure
- Ability to clearly communicate with employees and management of all levels
- Dependable, reliable, and punctual
Employees regularly are required to:
- Use oral and written communication skills to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Use time management and meet multiple deadlines.
- Be well organized, thorough, and detail-oriented.
- Read and interpret information and documents.
- Analyze and solve problems.
- Work effectively with customers (internal and/or external) who may be encountered in the course of work.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have physical capabilities to perform the above tasks.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, and type; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds on an infrequent basis.
- Incumbent in this role will be required to maintain a flexible work schedule as some functions may require overtime.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Clean indoor office environment that is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (i.e., business office environment with computers and printers operating).
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time-to-time in accordance with the company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below:
1) Could you please email an updated Word copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org?
2) What is your availability to start?
3) Are you open to a direct-hire position?
4) What is your current salary or pay rate?
5) Are you currently eligible to work for any employer in the US?
6) When is the best time to contact you and what # can you be reached at for this opportunity?