If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.
Contract Network Engineer Opportunity with Great Company in Fort Worth, TX
Heavy Travel Involved – up to 75% based out of Fort Worth
Must have CCNP and/or CCSP
Duties will require mid-level skill set CCNP/CCSP (Network/Security).
The client prefers only people with both skill sets. However, there will are 4 positions and 2 teams of 2, so strong skills in either might work in a team situation.
Experience in both is acceptable in lieu of certifications.
Wireless skill set would be a plus.
The general day-to-day tasks would be as follows:
· Upgrading IOS on routers and switches.
· Pre-configuration and Installation of a client-provided ‘gold standard’ (Client’s approved feature set), along with the generic configuration.
· Drop shipping the pre-configured hardware to the remote offices and then travel to the locations in order to perform an R&R (remove and replace) the old equipment with the new.
· This may also include climbing on a roof to swap out wireless antennas or replacing wireless access-points in ceilings.
· Candidates should have good mechanical skills, as well as attention to detail.
The client says the work schedule is 4 days (10 hours days) on and 3 days off.
Also 3 weeks in the field and then 1 week back in Ft. Worth offices prepping the next remote equipment.
12-14 month commitment. Candidates must contract for the entire length of the project, no exceptions.
Candidates must also be local to the Ft Worth area in order to car-pool to the remote locations.
Client’s CCIE’s will provide the brain work, however, the candidates should have some ability to perform independent thought, (problem solving skills) for dealing with un-foreseen problems.
Work in the remote locations may be ‘less than ideal’ at times.
It may be “hot and dirty”, and the hotel accommodations at times will be sub-par. Some of these places only have a run-down motel, or it may mean staying in a trailer at the drill site.
Some locations where work is to be completed that may have nothing more than gas and oil platforms in the middle of “No-Wheresville”.
Need candidates that don’t mind getting their hands dirty, but can still exhibit professionalism while representing the client.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below:
1) Do you have an updated Word copy of your resume?
2) What is your availability to start?
3) Are you open to a contract position?
4) Are you open to travel up 75% of the time and a 4 day work week (10 hours/day)?
5) What is your current salary or pay rate?
6) Are you currently eligible to work for any employer in the US?
7) When is the best time to contact you and what # can you be reached at for this opportunity?
We pay for referrals, so if this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them.
ProVisionTech Jobs – Dallas IT Jobs – Dallas Technical Jobs
Integrity in Recruiting
"Save Time, The Best Resources, Guaranteed!"