If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this email to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.
Direct-hire Senior Security Engineer Opportunity in Dallas, TX
Responsible for the planning and engineering of Company’s information security infrastructure. Includes the implementation and design of system hardware and software. Develop and manage framework and associated processes to manage information security environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support to one or more projects simultaneously
- Delivers projects on schedule
- Works with internal customer on complex needs, and may consult with external customers
- Work closely with project managers and for all projects involving enterprise data
- Specialization may encompass one or more business application areas, and knowledge will include basic understanding of business and technical interfaces
- Research, recommend, and implement streamlined automation processes
- Administration and support for enterprise infrastructure environment
- Achieves external certifications, memberships, and/or awards/recognition in area of specialization
- Maintain documention of the architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture
- Demonstrates knowldege of multiple technology environments, and toolsets, and the associated infrastructure/operations
- Ensure that data architectures are in regulatory and legal compliance
- Plan and coordinate own work to meet commitments and quality expectations
- Identification and resolution of project issues
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within particular field
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Adaptability – Effectively adapts to changing work environments. Remains flexible in spite of adversity. Champions and embraces change from current environment to desired future state. Adapts effectively to changing technology and changing job demands
- Administration/Organization – Accurately prepares, maintains, and distributes required records, reports and forms in a timely manner; sets objectives to meet commitments, budgets, forecasts, etc. Develops both short and long term plans. Sets appropriate deadlines and check points. Demonstrates good judgment about time allocation and resources required
- Analytical Skills / Problem Identification and Resolution – Reviews & analyzes a wide variety of information and recommends an appropriate course of action using intuition, reasoning and experience. Analyzes problems and alternative solutions and takes appropriate timely action to achieve desired business results. Seeks unique and novel solutions to problems and considers impact of final resolution
- Customer Focus (Internal and External) – Provides excellent customer service to clients, vendors, and/or fellow Company employees. Responds promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently to internal and external customer needs. Manages difficult or emotional situations. Recognizes sense of urgency in responding to needs. Follows up to ensure requests, needs, and commitments are met consistently. Displays an attitude of friendliness and service towards our customers and a willingness to make the extra effort to satisfy their needs
- Dependability – Meets deadlines and commitments to ensure the job gets done. Consistently completes assignments in an accurate and timely fashion. Demonstrates ability to work independently. Performs at expected level in typical and unforeseen circumstances. Meets attendance requirements
- Ethics – Exemplifies and integrates Company’s code of ethics into all aspects of work. Supports and upholds the organization’s standards and values. Demonstrates honesty, reliability, and professionalism. Maintains the highest ethical standards in Company policy and employee conduct. Discourages violation of ethical conduct. Ensures sensitive information remains confidential
- Interpersonal Skills (Communication and Teamwork) – Communicates well verbally and in writing using appropriate and efficient methods of conveying information. Effectively listens. Accepts and gives constructive feedback in an appropriate manner. Works effectively in a team setting to attain a common goal
- Job Knowledge – Remains up-to-date in assigned area of responsibility: possesses skills and knowledge to perform job effectively; efficiently and safely; acquires, understands, and applies technical and professional information and skills; understands and adheres to Company policies and procedures
- Productivity/Drive to Perform – Stays focused and uses time efficiently. Prioritizes work effectively. Performs work with minimal supervision. Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals. Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Strives for continuous improvement. Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm and personal focus
- Resourcefulness – Takes steps to improve processes, correct errors, and expand overall products or services in order to meet customer’s changing needs. Strives for continuous improvement by identifying opportunities and assessing risks. Supports an environment that is conducive to change and fosters a free exchange of ideas to improve processes
- Work Quality – Looks for ways to improve or promote quantity of work while still adhering to quality standards. Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, timeliness, and attention to detail. Brings quality concerns to the attention of appropriate individuals as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field, or equivalent combinaton of education and experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the related field in a large corporation or consulting environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years years working knowledge, production support, and configuration experience of relevant systems applications required
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly/non-technical language
- Working experience in securing AWS services such API Gateway, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, CloudFormation
- Serve as an Information Security Subject Matter Expert (SME) by maintaining knowledge of security technologies, concepts, current events and threats
- Provide security oversight with an understanding of cloud services, DevSecOps toolsets and platforms including networking, containers, monitoring/logging and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Collaborate with other teams to define and build the processes necessary to protect infrastructure from common threat vectors, OWASP vulnerabilities, and security or compliance misconfigurations.
- Demonstrated ability to document and diagram processes, procedures, as well as proactively develop guidelines, standards, and baselines
- Excellent partnering, negotiating and communication skills
- Ability to be flexible within a fast-moving work environment and juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated knowledge of web application security, web application scanning and/or firewalls and penetration testing techniques
- Experience with security vulnerability scanning and penetration testing including assessment, evaluation, remediation and priority assignment using risk-based criteria
- Strong process and procedure ownership experience for system vulnerabilities and audits
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly/non-technical language
Business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Extended business hours and weekends will be required for project work and application deployments/upgrades.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Technical certifications desirable, but not required.
Some travel may be required, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee will be required to work in data centers and similar environments that include machine noise, electrical systems, fire suppression systems and other infrastructure-related environmental systems, The employee will be required to work extended hours as needed.
The position described above is a general outline of the job’s responsibilities and requirements. The duties may increase or decrease at any time at the discretion of management.
If you are have this experience and are interested, please email me directly at email@example.comIf you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please email the answers the questions below: