Our Dallas, Texas client is looking for an SAP Sr IT Procurement Analyst to join their team.
If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.
We’re looking for team-orientated, communicative, individuals in the IT space. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for executing activities in all aspects of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The Senior Analyst will work on new projects as well as supporting existing applications and be expected to communicate status to stakeholders. The Senior Analyst is expected to influence, persuade, and lead other team members and stakeholders to achieve goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner, Functional BA and other business stakeholders to elicit and define assigned requirements
- Elicit detailed requirements in form of user stories with acceptance criteria
- Captures non-functional system requirements (e.g., supported browsers, security, system performance expectations, etc.)
- Produce deliverables as needed: (e.g., software requirements documents, use cases, use case diagrams, wireframes, workflow diagrams, process diagrams, and detailed user stories)
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance (QA) and the development team to ensure assigned requirements are understood
- Attend demos and review developed requirements for accuracy
- Participate in required testing/validation of system fixes, which may include creating the actual test cases or reviewing test cases created by QA
- Support User Acceptance Testing
Systems Analysis / Production Support
- Plan, design and implement information systems. Perform encoding, testing, debugging and installation activities as necessary.
- Work with organizational end users to clarify current operating procedures
- Provide functional and technical support for assigned applications, including integration, configuration, maintenance, enhancements, report development, quality assurance, system upgrades, and other activities as required
- Log and track defect and development requests including message handling and dispatching, resolution tracking, and problem escalation
- Analyze defects and triage accordingly
- Work with the BA, QA and development teams as necessary to facilitate defect resolution
- Assist other teams and business units in supporting ongoing data archival, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning and testing
- Maintain update-to-date functional and configuration knowledge
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and identify existing or potential issues
- Create and maintain testing deliverables based on user requirements and technical specifications
- Tests software in accordance with established quality standards prior to implementation to ensure proper operation and freedom from critical and high defects
- Analyze test results in order to report any defects, bugs, errors or configuration issues
- Plan and execute integration, user acceptance and regression testing
- Communicate testing progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders
- Assist in process improvements
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices
- Provide significant input to system specifications and design
- Develop detailed knowledge/expertise in applications assigned. Will analyze system integration impacts and define integration requirements
- Collaborate with developers to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Relies on knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals. May guide day to day activities of others. Significant ingenuity and flexibility is expected.
- Looks for opportunities to improve processes and implements
- Estimates level of effort, develops analysis work plans, and ensures deliverables are of quality and timeliness
- Develop partnerships with stakeholders and is viewed as an advocate and trusted advisor
- Provide leadership and mentoring to team members
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum seven (7) + years of experience in the related field in a large corporation or consulting environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum seven (7) + years SAP working knowledge, production support, and configuration experience with SAP P2P modules including Materials Management, Purchase Reqs and Purchase Orders, Vendor & Plant maintenance, and Accounts Payable required. SAP workflow and ABAP training, experience, or certification desired. Experience in advanced SAP technologies like Fiori, Personas, HANA and Ariba a plus.
- Experience using Catalog Management, E-Procurement Suites, Cloud Computing and is familiar with other P2P Tools.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to team members
- Experienced participating on cross-functional, major project initiatives and has good integration experience on other modules within SAP.
- Experience with supporting different types of implementations including: enhancement/support projects, new development projects and third party package software
- Must have strong PC skills and working knowledge with Microsoft Office products, SharePoint and tracking software.
- Must have strong communication skills, facilitates meetings and work with external consulting companies.
- Must be experienced in Best Business Practices.
- Liaison with Business Partners.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please email the answers the questions below: