If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this email to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.
Direct-hire Entry Level Applications Programmer Opportunity With Great Company in Wichita Falls
Under direct supervision, modifies applications programs from detailed specifications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs. This level is staffed by beginners who have had sufficient educational.
- Part of a global team
- Follow and achieve IT key metrics
- Application development projects must be secure and not put the business at risk through data loss or infiltration
- Application development projects are maintainable and are properly backed-up
- Application development projects meet defined requirements of the end user
- Deliver high quality application development analysis and meet project deadlines
- Help drive the lean enterprise system in IT processes
- Follow HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) and related work instructions and assist implementation of HSE regulations and policies
Principle Duties and Responsibilities: Perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements. Develop, install, maintain, and modify advanced scientific and/or engineering application programs, business application programs, or integrated programs. Work in this class is distinguished from that recognized in the ”entry” level” by the sophistication of the analytical questions and judgments facing the employee in the maintenance or enhancement of large applications, and/or by the responsibility given the employee for the complete development of system modules for complex applications.
- Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, databases, and programming technology.
- Refine data and format final product.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Test and develop programming modifications.
- Write new program code using prescribed specifications.
- Evaluate simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
- Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs
- Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Write and maintain programming documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Perform and/or assist with software installations of internally developed applications.
- Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members as required.
- Provide training on internally
- Effectively communicate with internal business partners, both orally and in writing in English (bi-lingual a plus).
- Maintain compliance with organizational Core Values
- Exhibit organizational Leadership Competencies
- Comply with IT & Tranter SOP’s
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective and respectful working relationships with management, employees, vendors, clients, and the public.
Education, Qualifications and Experience: Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Information Administration, or a closely related field.
1-2 years experience preferred but not required.
Position Physical Activity Requirements:
- Work is primarily conducted in an office setting and requires the use of computer equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively face-to-face, over the phone and in writing.
- Must be able to drive and travel by commercial transportation.
- Must be able to move throughout the company’s facilities to interact with employees in their work environment.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please email the answers the questions below: