What’s the role?
The role of Solutions Architect is to provide technical guidance and direction for more than one business applications and technologies within Global Application Software. This position is responsible for designing software solutions that are modular, reliable and extensible, conforming to sound design principles and capable of adapting to change while achieving targets for performance and scalability. The Solutions Architect works closely with various team members to drive operational excellence and deliver products which set the company apart from the competition and actively engage our customers.
Who is the company?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Assume responsibility to architect, implement and optimize more than one area of application design and development; drive one or more parts of a larger multi-system initiative
Produce solution designs to be fleshed out and implemented by development teams – this may include proofs of concept, development activities, cost/benefit analysis, training, configuration, service level requirements
Conduct research on new and emerging technologies for practical application to business problems and strategic initiatives; identify new components to be procured or developed; provide short term solutions, as well as clear evolution paths and long-term architecture strategy
Identify, analyze, and communicate architecture and integration options; document best practices and solution blueprints
Interact with business unit management, company IT, vendors and industry experts to collect requirements, understand options and determine solutions
Apply established architectural principles and application of technology solutions to multiple business processes and technologies
Assist development leads to implement architectural strategies and the proper use of enterprise and application design patterns
Additional duties, as assigned
What you need is:
· Minimum five (5) years’ experience in software development hands-on experience and SDLC practices
· Minimum two (2) years’ experience in the Solutions Architect role, designing distributed systems that span the following areas: micro-services, data architecture, integration patterns, and distributed system integration
· Hands-on experience architecting and design cloud-based workloads on AWS or Azure
· Experience architecting Event-Driven Architectures using technologies like Kafka, Kinesis Streams, SQS, SNS, EventBridge
· Experience with non-relational databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc…
· Experience with API Management practices designing, securing, and exposing APIs
· Experience architecting Identity and Access Management solutions using Oauth and OpenID or similar standards
· Applied analytical thinking and proven structured engineering approach to complex solution design/implementation and problem resolution across diverse areas
· Ability to anticipate technical trends in defined and relevant IT areas
· Broad technical and extensive architecture knowledge based on experience and expert training/education
· Strong desire to continually study and learn the latest and new technologies and related architectures, especially microservice architectures and cloud technologies
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to create documentation materials for appropriate audiences
· Demonstrated ability leading and working with geographically distributed development teams
Normal office conditions. Up to 20% domestic and international travel, required
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below: