Direct-hire Hardware Services Manager Opportunity in Downtown Dallas, TX
Our downtown Dallas, TX client is seeking a Direct-hire Hardware Services Manager.
If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.
As a key member of the IT Operations Leadership team the Hardware Services Manager role is to manage the Hardware Services team members and ensure timely, consistent, superior hardware support and output quality, manage various hardware related projects, oversee daily Hardware Services production line team functions and serve as T1/2 escalation point. The Hardware Services Manager manages all things hardware related including desktop, laptop, kiosk and tablets.
- Exceptional knowledge of computer hardware in an enterprise environment
- In-depth knowledge of image creation and capture technologies and methods
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and SCCM
- Experience managing and creating Active Directory OU’s and Group Policy objects
- Knowledge of command line, batch files and scripting
- Knowledge of a range of diagnostic tools and utilities
- Use of metrics data as well as key performance indicators to identify common problems and gauge department and team performance.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work at a swift pace
- Must have strong written, including typing and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated attention to detailed, accurate documentation
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in and manage a team environment
- 3+ years in a desktop support role with a strong understanding of image creation, operating systems, and component level troubleshooting.
- Previous experience designing and implementing IT projects strongly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology field preferred or equivalent experience with software and hardware support
- Demonstrated progressive experience in management of technical support personnel preferred
- Network or System Administration experience a plus
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware and configuring systems and applications
- Diagnose system hardware, software and operator issues
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources
- Create and maintain PC images in a MDT, SCCM environment
- Provide remote support as needed
- Assess need for system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations
- Log all end user interaction in help desk ticketing system ensuring accurate and adequate annotation
- Recommend and/or perform remedial actions to provide resolution
- Ensure proper, timely and professional responses from team to hardware support requests
- Coordinate action plans and collaborate with corporate IT staff
- Provide updates, status and completion information to appropriate staff
- Train, coach, and mentor Hardware Services team members
- Act as top technical resource for escalated hardware issues from both internal corporate IT staff and facility end users
- Project implementation — Ability to serve as technical lead resource for various projects
- Assist in project design and scope of work creation for project quotes
- Hours generally support a balanced lifestyle, however must be willing and able to work long hours and some weekend work as projects/tasks require
- As this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, the employee will be expected to perform other duties as assigned
Must have the ability to safely perform movements such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching and able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
As assigned, including some weekends, evenings and holidays; exempt position
If you are have this experience and are interested, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or please answer the questions below and attach your resume: