We pay for referrals, so if this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned from time-to-time.
- Provides exceptional customer support via phone, email, and ticket system for our 24/7/365 helpdesk.
- Acquires, maintains, and expands knowledge of relevant product offerings, current support/service policies, and methods of support delivery, in order to provide technically accurate solutions.
- Responsible for working with the rest of the Threat Analysis team to maintain a 99.5% block rate against UBE and attacks (spam, phishing, malware, ransomware, etc.), while only incorrectly blocking 1 out of every 100,000 emails.
- Researches and blocks new attacks as escalated to them by the Level 1 Threat Analysts. Must be reliable, thorough, and hungry to learn.
- Responsible for a high degree of customer satisfaction, as demonstrated with technical expertise, timeliness, integrity, availability and responsiveness.
- Researches, troubleshoots, diagnosis, classifies, and resolves or escalates user or system problem reports and/or technical inquiries in accordance with committed standards of service level agreements and or Customer Service policies and procedures.
- Conducts business with IT administrators and other business professionals to ensure updates, upgrades, and problems are resolved and performed in accordance with standards or stated commitments.
- Must have exceptional Linux System Administration skills, and familiarity with monitoring systems including standard tools like Nagios as well as learning our custom monitoring systems.
- System administration may be in our hosted infrastructure or on customer premises (via remote access)
- Makes database entries and updates, as necessary, for the provision of corporate or individual email accounts and corporate or consumer keys, as necessary to maintain appropriate levels of service. May authenticate users to complete transactions
- Follows company procedures and policies for consumer billing problem resolution and manages all internal communications as appropriate to complete the transaction.
- Ensures Trust breach incidents are reported according to the procedures and practices.
- Is asked to investigate and resolve potential customer security issues and can be exposed to sensitive information which must be protected against confidentiality or privacy compromise. Assumes functional responsibility for the confidentiality and privacy of customer information contained in communications or gained during conversations, emails, inter-departmental instructions or documents or otherwise is not considered publicly known information.
- Must learn our proprietary tools, including our unique phrase Regex engine and correct use of hundreds of email message attributes to develop filters.
- Communicates with developers and managers to coordinate and champion any measures necessary to keep our customers safe and our service exceptional.
- May also be involved in projects to improve engineering of products or services, often providing assistance to Quality Assurance Engineers in the test and coordination of bug fixes.
- Must have an understanding of IP addresses, PTR records, ASNs, and “forward confirmed reverse DNS”.
- Familiarity with LDAP, MYSQL, and other database/directory services.
- Must be able to write custom filters in Perl
- Must be able to troubleshoot system issues and exercise good judgement in troubleshooting/restarting production equipment
- Must have a strong foundation in Bash, with the ability to read and edit configuration files across various services including Sendmail, Postfix, IPTables, Cron, and other Linux services.
- Must have a solid foundation in troubleshooting SMTP and associated DNS records including MX and SPF/DKIM/DMARC records.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple concurrent tasks in order to meet SLA requirements and customer demands
- General familiarity with programming concepts and familiarity with multiple languages preferred.
- Other duties and responsibilities include:
o Assists in ongoing maintenance of a technical knowledgebase.
o May be required to work outside of core business hours to assist manning all hours of our 24/7 helpdesk.
o Must always keep the customer’s wants, needs and goals in mind, and act as a trusted advisor to our clients.
o Consistently models the highest levels of support orientation, customer service, integrity, and professionalism.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DESIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College degree in a related field or equivalent experience – 5+ years’ prior related technical/server support, Understanding PC and server operating systems, software installations, directory structure and/or network experience.
- Technical understanding and experience demonstrating specific knowledge of one or more company technology areas, such as:
- Linux commands
- E-Mail Systems and administration
- DNS Systems and administration
- TCP/IP protocols and services
- Firewalls, router and other network devices
- Broad experience communicating with customers in varying support situations and supporting multiple product areas.
OTHER SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE
- In all interactions, The level 3 technician exemplifies honesty, integrity, and customer service
- Excels at communication, both verbal and written.
- Excels at updating and filtering complex technical knowledge base articles.
- Excels at finding patterns in complex data sets.
- Excellent comprehensive process capabilities.
- Skilled at imparting knowledge to others.
- Proficient at adapting to a changing environment.
- Proficient with common PC applications and Windows
- Proficient with Linux system administration
- Proficient with DNS, especially SMTP related entries
- Familiar with the common configurations of internet browsers (such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox) and Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
OTHER ABILITIES and WORK HABITS
- Ability to make a significant contribution in a team environment.
- Ability to work with very little supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to coordinate/escalate with other technicians/peers, and interacts with departmental managers in the course of daily work assignments.
- Regular attendance.
- Teamwork and ability to interface with employees and all levels of management.
- Initiative, trustworthiness, and dependability required.
- Strong, sound decision-making skills, good judgment, and problem solving skills.
Employees regularly are required to:
- Use oral and written communication skills to communicate clearly and effectively to customers and management.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Use time management and meet multiple deadlines.
- Be well organized, thorough, and detail-oriented.
- Read and interpret information and documents.
- Must be able to analyze and solve problems.
- Work effectively with customers (internal and/or external) who may be encountered in the course of work.
- Maintain emotional control under stress and escalate high priority issues.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have physical capabilities to perform the above tasks.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and work using a telephone set.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, and type; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear.
- The employee will be required to bend, twist, stoop, crouch and kneel on an infrequent basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds on an infrequent basis.
- Incumbent in this role will be required to maintain a flexible work schedule as some functions may require overtime, covering teammates for time off, and occasionally changing schedules
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please email with answers the questions below:
“Save Time, The Best Resources, Guaranteed!”