If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this email to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.
Direct-hire Controller Opportunity with Growing Company in Dallas, TX
About the Opportunity
Our Controller will provide day to day leadership to the accounting team, oversee the tax, treasury and risk management functions within the organization and lead the integration of acquired entities into the client’s company platform (including accounting, treasury, tax and reporting processes). Additionally, this role will have high visibility across the organization as you will partner with the CFO providing an accurate analysis of operating and financial performance across business units and departments. The Controller will be responsible for completing the annual audit process and other regulatory requirements including tax filings, etc. We seek a Controller that enjoys an entrepreneurial environment within the healthcare retail market with direct experience managing accounting functions across retail operations, manufacturing, healthcare billing processes and department cost management and controls.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete the monthly financial close process including the reports to be provided to internal and external constituents.
- Responsible for the completion of the annual 3rd party Audit and Tax filings
- Provide MDA and Variance Analysis reports across the organization comparing performance to Budget and prior period performance including tracking performance against established budgets or goals on financial and non-financial metrics
- Review and assist in the management of cost controls across departments and other key non-payroll cost categories in manufacturing and store functions
- Lead the integration of acquired business(es) into the client’s operating systems including accounting, treasury, tax, revenue cycle, AP systems, etc.
- Assist in the development of the annual Budget and supporting Forecasts over the course of a year including integrating the Budget into the accounting system for better control and reporting to ensure communication regarding business plans and budgets across all functions and corporate groups for full transparency
- Maintain Chart of Accounts and general ledger, A/P, A/R, payroll and Fixed Asset registers
- Ensure consistent application of GAAP and compliance with all applicable laws
- Direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments
- Responsible for the structure, process and controls in place for client’s treasury to ensure compliance and security.
- Assist in capex returns analysis and contractual arrangements as to be provided for approval
- Ensure compliance with state and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Represent the company externally, government agencies, external companies, and the general public.
- Assist in implementing accounting policies and procedures to ensure all financial transactions are executed according to GAAP principles
- Assess and optimize the accounting department structure and streamline processes to increase efficiency while establishing/maintaining an effective internal control structure
- 7+ years of Accounting experience in healthcare, retail and/or platform build businesses
- Big Four / National Accounting firm experience preferred
- Previous experience work with a private equity firm is beneficial
- Bachelors or MBA with a concentration in Accounting
- High level of detail and analytical skills to identify opportunities and variances
- Track-record of developing accurate budgets, forecasts and managing month end close
- Strong leadership experience and a process improvement mindset
- Extremely strong GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Bias For Action / Entrepreneurialism – Willingness to “roll up her/his sleeves” and work in a lean fast paced start-up environment
- Collaboration – Comfortable working in decision making teams – and ability to influence important constituents
- Analytical / Data Driven – Prefers to deep-dive into the information and data of client company to develop the best analysis and financial tools from which to make informed decisions
- Simplicity / Focus – Ability to focus on a few important items that matter and truly drive results.
- People First / Leadership Versatility – client company is building a culture where people matter (Patients, Doctors, Associates). It is important that the Controller be able to effectively work with people from many areas (e.g. ELT peers, OAC doctors, Private Equity Partners, External Media) with diverse backgrounds and POVs.
- Critical Thinking – Must be able to make well-thought out recommendations using data when possible
- Accountable – Must stand behind commitments, take responsibility for words/actions and be accountable for individual and team goals.
- Location: Dallas based (near Galleria Mall – 635 and Dallas North Tollway)
- Competitive Base Salary
- Annual Bonus plan
- Equity Stake in company
- Expense Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Life
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please email with answers the questions below:
“Save Time, The Best Resources, Guaranteed!”