Sr, Systems Administrator – Citrix
Lewisville, TX, United States
This position, in conjunction with a team of senior level network and systems administrators, handles day to day operations of the Citrix ecosystem. This includes managing the storage, compute and Windows operating platforms hosting the on-prem Citrix environment. You will also have a leading role in any Citrix Cloud initiatives and all other Citrix projects. Applying Citrix security best practices, operating heal and monitoring end user experience are key in maintaining your customer focus. There are 1500 team members using Citrix XanApp and XenDesktop with 20% growth expected in the short-term but look forward to driving adoption through measurable positive user experience. The Citrix platform is extremely strategic to our team and mission critical in nature to the business. The ideal candidate takes pride in their work and has a sense of responsibility for all ancillary systems to ensure SLAs are met and end user experience exceeds expectations.
- Minimum five years of work experience in System Engineering (or equivalent knowledge base) required.
- Minimum 6+ years of work experience in Systems Engineering with at least 3 years in a senior level role is required.
- Seeking 5+ years of experience with Virtual End User Computing, specifically with Citrix Xenapp and XenDesktop.
- Extensive experience working on the latest server operating systems to host applications and remote desktop sessions.
- Extensive experience with Citrix technologies; XenApp, Virtual Desktop, VDI, Netscaler, XenDesktop, HDX, StoreFront, Director, etc.
- Extensive experience in deploying security patches and standard windows updates in a Citrix environment.
- Experience with RES (or AppSense) profile management (Ivanti Workspace) a big plus.
- Extensive experience with Citrix LTSR versions going back to 7.15
- Managing hybrid Citrix Cloud environments and cloud connectors is a plus.
- Extensive experience in Citrix platform upgrades and managing golden images using Provisioning services and Machine creation services.
- Experience deploying FSLogix containers for Office365 products including Outlook and OneDrive.
- Ability to architect user and profile management.
- Ability to architect native and 3rd party user profile management solutions.
- Experience in migrations from platforms and solutions to a shared server environment.
- At least 5 years’ experience of Microsoft technologies: Server OS, Desktop OS, Active Directory, Office 365, Group Policy, Exchange.
- Experience with VMWare technologies: vSphere, vCenter, vMotion, Storage vMotion, SRM.
- Experience with storage technologies.
- Experience with block and file storage technologies from multiple vendors.
- Experience with management of file shares and groups.
- Experience with managing file shares, user profiles and home directories on-prem or in OneDrive.
- Extensive experience defining, creating and testing Group Policy updates for desktop OS.
- Extensive experience creating, testing and optimizing Microsoft Group Policy Objects.
- Proven history and ability to provide mentorship and informal leadership.
- Proven history of influencing architecture guidelines.
- Strong presentation development and delivery skills.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems of high complexity, requiring expert knowledge of hardware components, systems, software, and networking technologies.
- Ability to identify issues and analyze highly complex variables to arrive at technically sound solutions.
- Ability to troubleshoot multi-tiered outages in mission critical environments with multi-departmental or multi-organization efforts.
- Ability to not only identify technical debt but also take ownership in finding and applying the required solutions.
- Customer focused team player with the willingness to lend a hand to get the job done.
- Maintains a strong work ethic and natural concern with their quality of work.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain professional demeanor in high stress situations.
- Ability to be productive in a hybrid work environment where teams may be geographically dispersed.
- Ability to maintain healthy and productive working relationships with peers.
- Provides input or constructive feedback in a spirit of collaboration.
- Ability to mentor/guide others to perform troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, solution development, and implementation within specific technology areas.
- Able to prioritize effectively and take on multiple concurrent assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible self-work and/or the work of others.
- Able to develop, present, and effectively communicate complex ideas and strategies in both technical and user-friendly language to a variety of audiences.
- Additional job skills include, but are not limited to excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills; and excellent analytical/creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-based, Customer service-oriented environment.
- Minimum five years of experience in a large-scale Microsoft Windows Environment including, but not limited to: Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, Active Directory, Citrix versions 7.15 and higher, MS Office Suite (M365), Server Virtualization, Workload Management.
- Three years minimum with a Bachelor’s degree in information technology or equivalent; or related experience in equivalent combination of education and work history.
- Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator (CCEA) The following certifications are a plus: Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA).
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please complete the form below with answers to the questions: