Contract DevOps Engineer – Release/Scrum Opportunity in Dallas, TX
DevOps Engineer – Release/Scrum
As a Devops Engineer – Release/Scrum, you will be involved in all aspects of the project and development lifecycles and responsible for the successful delivery of new solutions that will be used by our employees and customers who produce events for some of the most well known brands in the world. We’re looking for individuals that show they can do whatever it takes to make sure that our projects/programs are successfully deployed. The right person for this position will be able to demonstrate creative energy and passion for delivering complex projects. You’ll be expected to project to completion, communicate with technical and nontechnical business partners, and direct other team members in our quest to be the premier provider of solutions to the event industry.
Flexibility and adaptability are key. Some of the things we do have never been done before, so we need
someone who can adapt both in thinking and learning new processes, applications and methods. You
will occasionally be asked to travel to events and work with our Business Partners and Technology Team to help make sure our technology is deployed successfully.
Supports and designs the continuous integration and delivery pipeline applications, leads daily standups, organizes and leads Scrum like ceremonies, various scripting and automation tasks relative to service delivery, and/or platforms support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support continuous integration and delivery pipeline.
- Support the implementation / automation for all aspects of service delivery.
- Lead daily Scrum for project team members.
- Perform other duties such as documentation of applications and standards, maintenance of ticketing queues, general assistance with projects, troubleshooting, or after hours FDLC support as assigned.
- Design dashboards to document overall health of project and work allocation
- Facilitate cross team communication and documentation of requirements.
- Partner with Product Owners to requirement gather for features and their user stories.
- Implement platform standards to enforce automation efforts.
- Document pipeline and support applications as needed.
- Maintain deployment request and incident queue.
- Facilitate after hours deployment efforts as needed.
- Support development and QA teams in their deployment efforts as needed.
- Open change tickets as needed to facilitate release automation processes
- Become thoroughly familiar with all compliance and security requirements, adhering to all policy and standards, adapting to CI/CD platform as needed.
- Support pipeline platforms
- Communicate effectively and appropriately, deferring to management on communicating with external teams as needed.
- Attend departmental, project and general meetings and effectively represent current status as appropriate.
- Participate in company provided training and perform independent training and research as appropriate.
- Achieve external certifications, memberships, and/or awards/recognition in area of specialization
- Support data architectures and verify they are in regulatory and legal compliance
- Plan and coordinate own work to meet commitments and quality expectations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
COMPANY’S FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES:
- Adaptability – Effectively adapts to changing work environments. Remains flexible in spite of adversity. Embraces change from current environment to desired future state. Adapts effectively to changing technology and changing job demands.
- Resourcefulness – Takes steps to improve processes, correct errors, and expand overall products or services in order to meet the customer’s changing needs. Strives for continuous improvement and, ultimately, perfection by identifying opportunities and assessing risks. Supports an environment that is conducive to change and fosters a free exchange of ideas to improve processes.
- Customer Focus – Provides excellent customer service to clients, vendors, and/or fellow company employees. Responds promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently to internal and external customer needs. Manages difficult or emotional situations. Recognizes sense of urgency in responding to needs. Follows up to ensure requests, needs, and commitments are met consistently. Displays an attitude of friendliness and service towards our customers and a willingness to make the extra effort to satisfy their needs.
- Dependability – Meets deadlines and commitments to ensure the job gets done. Consistently completes assignments in an accurate and timely fashion. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Demonstrates ability to work independently. Meets deadlines and performs at expected level in typical circumstances as well as unexpected circumstances.
- Ethics – Exemplifies and integrates company’s code of ethics into all aspects of management. Supports and upholds the organization’s standards and values. Demonstrates honesty, reliability, and professionalism. Maintains the highest ethical standards in Company policy and employee conduct. Discourages violation of ethical conduct. Ensures sensitive information remains confidential.
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIRMENTS:
- Analytical Skills – Synthesizes complex or diverse information using intuition, research and experience to complement data provided. Reviews & analyzes a wide variety of information and recommends a specific course of action.
- Business Process Improvement – Takes steps to improve or correct errors and expand overall products or services. Strives for continuous improvement by identifying opportunities and assessing risks. Supports an environment conducive to change and fosters free exchange of ideas to improve processes.
- Critical Thinking – Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Mathematical Reasoning – The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem. Ability to create or interpret graphs, tables, and formulas.
- Problem Resolution – Analyzes problems and alternative solutions and takes appropriate timely action to achieve desired business results. Seeks unique and novel solutions to problems and considers impact of final resolution.
- Productivity – Stays focused and uses time efficiently. Prioritizes work effectively. Performs work with minimal supervision.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to assignments or role.
- Drive to Perform – Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals. Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm and personal focus.
- Technical Skills – Ability to understand and interpret the laws, rules, policies, procedures, or systems related to the job.
- Technology – Generates or adapts equipment and technology to serve user needs. Writes or interprets computer programming for various purposes. Works with senior engineers to enhance abilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field, or equivalent combinaton of education and experience
- Three (3) or more years of experience in the related field in a large corporation or consulting environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three (3) or more years working knowledge, production support, and configuration experience of relevant systems applications required
- Experience with SDLC, Azure DevOps query languages, and project iteration tracking.
- Specialization may encompass one or more business application areas, and knowledge will include basic understanding of business and technical interfaces
- Demonstrated knowldege of multiple technology environments, and toolsets, and the associated infrastructure/operations
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure and design within Azure is preferred. Ability to present ideas in user-friendly/non-technical language
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Must posses a collaborative/team oriented work approach
- Must have strong oral and written skills to effectively communicate ideas and processes
- Ability to be flexible within a fast-moving work environment and juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
Business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Extended business hours and weekends will be required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PSM1 certifications desirable, but not required.
Some travel may be required, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; drive, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The employee will be required to work long hours as needed.
The position described above is a general outline of the job’s responsibilities and requirements. The duties may increase or decrease at any time at the discretion of management.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below: