Our Dallas client is looking for a Data Warehouse Manager to join their team. This manager will be taking over data warehouse team. They use Microsoft stack. Manager SQL Server. Use 3rd party database managed services provider but this person will be responsible for maintaining data warehouse. Will need experience with analytics, Power BI, needs to be a strong manager, need someone with passion for this position, need someone to move the team forward, currently a 4 person team.
Data Warehouse Manager Responsibilities:
Qualified individual will be responsible for our Data Warehouse including associated ETL processes, integrations, reporting and analytics. They will oversee all DBA functions and partner with the application and infrastructure teams with respect to all our IT initiatives. They will manage a team of three full-time employees plus contractors, as required. This individual must be able to manage vendor relationships and work on multiple projects simultaneously, including partnering with business stakeholders to gather requirements and estimate level of effort for their projects.
They must have the proven ability to lead, mentor and provide technical guidance while ensuring the quality of their work. This person will develop integrations, data models, designs, architect, assess and troubleshoot data projects. This individual will collaborate with analysts, designers and other developers in the development and initiation of new software programs and applications. This role has a significant amount of interaction and communication with all levels within the business.
Data Warehouse Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a combination of equivalent degrees
- 8+ years of Data Warehouse or Business Intelligence experience
- 5+ years of SQL, SQL Query Analyzer, and Microsoft Reporting Services.
- 5+ year of ETL experience, preferably with SSIS or DTS
- 4+ years of management or project management experience
- ETL design and implementation,
- data warehousing methodologies, architectures and best practices,
- data preparation, processing, classification, forecasting, and XML
- 2+ years of experience with financial data analysis is a plus
- Microsoft DBA, SSIS, or SSRS certification a plus
- Demonstrated strong general business and organizational acumen.
- Superior analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Deep experience translating business needs into technical solutions for non-technically oriented internal clients resulting in objectives for data analysis, business rules for data transformation data models specifying data structures/architecture, and report definitions identifying layouts and expected results
Necessary skills and Attributes:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate with all levels of internal personnel, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Logical, efficient, keen attention to detail, highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Query and analyze data to recognize and isolate data trends, issues, opportunities and concepts.
- Prepare, process, consolidate, classify and forecast data from various sources.
- Consult with other team members to share and offer expertise on organizational systems, databases, data structures, methods and processes.
- Use Microsoft Excel to import and export data and create macros.
- Create system and data analysis documentation.
- Assist in maintaining data accuracy and integrity.
- Troubleshoot data analysis.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please email the answers the questions below: