Client is committed to being the leader in the brand experience category by designing and producing powerful integrated digital and live events that connect people in ways that are meaningful and measurable. This is a Company built on integrity and a commitment to the well-being of our colleagues, our clients, the industry, and the environment. Nearly 90 years later, the Client family still runs the company, along with more than 6,500 equally passionate employee-owners and 30,000 part-time workers. The family legacy shines through everything we do, from our creative inspiration right down to the sustainable carpet under your feet.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of the project and development lifecycles and responsible for the successful delivery of new solutions that will be used by our employees and customers who produce events for some of the most well known brands in the world. We’re looking for individuals that show they can do whatever it takes to make sure that our projects/programs are successfully deployed. The right person for this position will be able to demonstrate creative energy and passion for delivering complex projects. You’ll be expected to communicate well both verbally and written to help lead and direct other team members and 3rd party vendors in our quest to be the premier provider of solutions to the event industry.
Flexibility and adaptability are key. Some of the things we do have never been done before, so we need
someone who can adapt both in thinking and learning new processes, applications and methods. You
may occasionally be asked to travel to events and work with our Business Partners and Technology Team to help make sure our technology is deployed successfully.
The Technical Program Manager is responsible for the successful management of multiple medium to large, complex, multi-phased projects by leading cross-functional teams to define scope, plan, execute and deliver exceptional business value on time and within budget. The Technical Program Manager will manage all aspects of new and existing programs/projects from start to finish and be the single point of contact for all program activities, schedule and status. This position receives very broad guidance from management and requires a high level of initiative, self-motivation and problem-solving ability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently find ways to solve customer and business partner problems with effective solutions that minimize effort yet produce high value solutions.
- Help support our business partners in building a business case and define success critieria for the project prior to receiving approval.
- Produce polished executive-level presentations; deliver information to internal business partners that is clear, concise and effectivly influences critical decisions.
- Provide leadership and facilitate the work of cross-functional teams by clarifying project objectives and defining tactics necessary to accomplish the objectives.
- Manage a portfolio of multiple projects including interdependencies between different work streams.
- Drive cross-functional team members to define project schedules and milestones, project plans, budgets, scope, and timeline.
- Develop program budgets and integrate program costs into the organization-level budgets and financial forecasts.
- Ensure effective team identification of project risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies; act as an escalation point for the team and implements effective mitigation strategies by taking corrective action to achieve project goals.
- Communicate accurately regarding delivery of work products and services, planning efforts, personnel relationships with other organizations and resources.
- Provide effective leadership and strategic direction to multiple vendors and project teams.
- Coordinate project related activities across up to 5 different applications/teams.
- Flexibility managing your time wisely to be available to remove roadblcks/obstacles for offshore resources/teams in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge on the different components of an eComerce site. (Catalogs, Parts, Prices, Customers, Orders, Shopping Carts, Payments…)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CLIENT’S FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES:
- Adaptability – Effectively adapts to changing work environments. Remains flexible in spite of adversity. Embraces change from current environment to desired future state. Adapts effectively to changing technology and changing job demands.
- Resourcefulness – Takes steps to improve processes, correct errors, and expand overall products or services in order to meet the customer’s changing needs. Strives for continuous improvement and, ultimately, perfection by identifying opportunities and accessing risks. Supports an environment that is conducive to change and fosters a free exchange of ideas to improve processes.
- Customer Focus – Provides excellent customer service to clients, vendors, and/or fellow Client employees. Responds promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently to internal and external customer needs. Manages difficult or emotional situations. Recognizes sense of urgency in responding to needs. Follows up to ensure requests, needs, and commitments are met consistently. Displays an attitude of friendliness and service towards our customers and a willingness to make the extra effort to satisfy their needs.
- Dependability – Meets deadlines and commitments to ensure the job gets done. Consistently completes assignments in an accurate and timely fashion. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Demonstrates ability to work independently. Meets deadlines and performs at expected level in typical circumstances as well as unexpected circumstances.
- Ethics – Exemplifies and integrates Client’s code of ethics into all aspects of management. Supports and upholds the organization’s standards and values. Demonstrates honesty, reliability, and professionalism. Maintains the highest ethical standards in Company policy and employee conduct. Discourages violation of ethical conduct. Ensures sensitive information remains confidential.
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIRMENTS:
- Analytical Skills – Synthesizes complex or diverse information using intuition, research and experience to complement data provided. Reviews & analyzes a wide variety of information and recommends a specific course of action.
- Business Process Improvement – Takes steps to improve or correct errors and expand overall products or services. Strives for continuous improvement by identifying opportunities and assessing risks. Supports an environment conducive to change and fosters free exchange of ideas to improve processes.
- Critical Thinking – Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Mathematical Reasoning – The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem. Ability to create or interpret graphs, tables, and formulas.
- Problem Resolution – Analyzes problems and alternative solutions and takes appropriate timely action to achieve desired business results. Seeks unique and novel solutions to problems and considers impact of final resolution.
- Productivity – Stays focused and uses time efficiently. Prioritizes work effectively. Performs work with minimal supervision.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to assignments or role.
- Drive to Perform – Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals. Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm and personal focus.
- Technical Skills – Ability to understand and interpret the laws, rules, policies, procedures, or systems related to the job.
- Technology – Generates or adapts equipment and technology to serve user needs. Writes or interprets computer programming for various purposes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer systems or related field.
- 7+ years Program / Project Management experience.
- Prior experience as an IT Program Manager.
- Prior experience developing and manageing project timelines, resources, vendors, and budgetary requirements for large, complex projects.
- Strong background in application development methodologies, SDLC, Aglile, Scrum, and other IT industry standards.
- Solid technical skills and background as needed to support the oversight of development and management of complex applications.
- Solid technical understanding of multiple technologies.
- Prior experience managing an eCommerce project.
- Excellent people management skills to lead and influence diverse professional resources.
- Effectively partner with IT and business area representatives to lead and support development activities.
- Experience leading projects founded on a platform of innovative & emerging technologies.
- Demonstrate strong business judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
Business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Extended business hours and weekends will be required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; drive, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The employee will be required to work long hours as needed.
COMMENTS The position described above is a general outline of the job’s responsibilities and requirements. The duties may increase or decrease at any time at the discretion of management
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below: