Sr Windows Sys Admin
Full Job Description
The Position – Sr. Windows Systems Administrator
This position under general supervision, administers day-to-day operations of Microsoft Windows servers and related applications. Provides integrated support and maintenance of Active Directory, windows server environment, and network-based applications including Microsoft Office 365 and Azure Active Directory. Setup and configure Intel server platforms with company approved software. Serves as second and third level support for servers and corporate applications related to problems that the IT Service Desk cannot resolve. Evaluates new hardware, operating systems and related standards. Work with outside vendors to obtain technical specifications for hardware and operating systems solutions.
- Provide primary support for Microsoft Active Directory, Window Server, and VMware environments.
- Provide support for Network Attached Storage.
- Manage VMWare VCenter environment for nearly 500+ virtual servers across multiple physical environments.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving network hardware and software related failures and issues. Will ensure network and business continuity and effectively administer and enhance a Windows 2012 server active directory environment.
- Management and maintenance of internal and/or external DNS, DHCP, and WINS.
- Responsible for development, deployment, and administration of Active Directory (AD) domain infrastructure. Including Sites, Services, and routing topology. GPO design and Organizational Unit structure.
- Familiarity with routing, switching, subnetting and bridging in LAN, WAN, VPN environments, access methods, and network topologies is essential.
- Upgrades software components and installs operating system upgrades as required.
- Monitors network and system performance, recommends and implements adjustments upon approval.
- Provides users with second and third level technical support.
- Responsible for on call after hours system support on a 6 week rotation.
- Implements system and network changes in a controlled manner; will adhere to company change control policies.
- Documents network and system diagrams, process flow diagrams, and backup/recovery procedures.
- It is an essential function of this job to show up on time and be ready to work your regularly scheduled hours.
- Five to Ten years of experience in a large-scale, team-oriented Microsoft Windows Environment including, but not limited to: Windows Server 2003 to 2019, Active Directory, MS Office 365, VMWare.
- Five to Ten years of experience managing a complex Active Directory environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or equivalent; or six years related experience in server hardware, operating systems, active directory; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The following certifications are a plus: Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA).
- Knowledge of O365/Azure Active Directory is a plus.
- Knowledge of Cisco Web-Ex platform management is a plus.
- On-call Rotation every 6 weeks.