Direct-hire Senior Accountant Opportunity in Richardson, TX
- The Senior Accountant for Financial Reporting & Corporate Accounting is a key member of our Corporate Accounting team and will be responsible for supporting various corporate accounting, month-end close and internal and external financial reporting activities.
- This individual will play a critical role in our accounting and financial reporting processes and will be responsible for recording journal entries for his or her assigned areas, posting corporate allocation and consolidation entries, performing account analyses, providing accounting support to corporate departments and business units, and assisting with technical accounting research and preparation of financial statements, footnotes and other disclosures for the Company’s quarterly and annual financial statement filings.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and account analyses for assigned areas
- Provides accounting support to corporate departments and business units
- Assists with technical accounting research and preparation of supporting documentation, analyses and accounting whitepapers for technical accounting matters as assigned
- Assists with preparation of financial statements, footnotes and other disclosures for SEC comparable Forms 10-K and 10-Q, and other financial filings as needed
- Assist with providing support to external auditors for quarterly reviews and year-end audit process
- Identifies and participates in process improvement projects across the Corporate Accounting team
- Assists with special projects and other duties as needed
- Undergraduate degree (B.S. or equivalent) in Accounting. Advanced degree in Accounting preferred
- CPA or current CPA exam candidate required
- Minimum of 3-5+ years progressive accounting experience
- Public accounting experience or combination of public accounting and industry strongly preferred
- Experience with SEC filings and/or technical accounting research required
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and strong attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple activities with a strong personal commitment to meeting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills are critical to success in the role
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below:
We pay for referrals, so if this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them.