If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this email to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.
Direct-hire Software Development Manager Opportunity in Dallas, TX
The Manager of Application Development will be responsible for leading people and projects focused on leveraging new technologies to modernize and transform systems provided & used by client company. Should leverage Microsoft technologies such as .NET, SQL and platforms such as Azure to deliver applications that are scalable, maintainable and extensible, while providing optimal user experience. We’re looking for innovative professionals who excel in a fast paced Agile environment and are driven to take action, focused on improvements and will enjoy challenging assignments. The Manager will be responsible for team of developers, and quality engineers and leads.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Lead and mentor groups of developers and provide technical guidance.
- Serve as the development manager for the analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of business applications.
- Ability to be technically “hands-on” with the architecture and code.
- Maintain communication between software development team.
- Establish timelines and prioritization of work within the software development team.
- Evaluate new technologies to impact line of business applications.
- Prepare project plans and schedules for applications development, enhancement, and maintenance efforts. Work with other development and testing teams to coordinate activities.
- Serve as the primary applications team contact with user groups and management.
- Communicate regularly with internal customers, as appropriate, to ensure the delivery of high quality systems.
- Monitor and track the progress of each project. Communicate project status and issues.
- Responsible for researching, evaluating, and integrating new technologies into the environment, as appropriate.
- Build, develop, and maintain vendor relationships that are vital to the success of the projects and the company.
- Administer performance appraisals and participate in the hiring and budgeting processes.
- Ensure development of career planning and training objectives for all direct reports.
- Occasional long, irregular hours and travel.
- Use of a PC, computer terminal and/or telephone.
- Extended periods of sitting.
- Physical requirements include sitting, frequently speaking and hearing, and occasionally standing, walking, bending, crawling, kneeling and the ability to lift up to 25lbs.
- Expertise with building web applications that are customer facing with scalable & extensible architecture supporting companies growth
- Experience with latest Microsoft technologies, design patterns, unit testing, refactoring, Agile, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration principles
- Leverage MS tooling, such as VSTS to run efficient agile teams
- Proficient with UX patterns to build optimal user experience
- Experience in development with .Net Framework, C#, SQL Server, Web Services/Web API, ASP.NET, DHTML
- Experience with implementing systems leveraging MS Azure in a IAAS & PAAS setting
- Experience with Micro Services Architecture is a plus
- Experience with needs analysis, software evaluation and selection, customization, and implementation.
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills, especially conveying complex information in an understandable manner.
- Ability to conduct formal and informal presentations in both small-and large-group settings.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex technical and business problems.
- Proven experience in managing multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and the ability to have agility to manage / change priorities.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below:
We pay for referrals, so if this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them.