The Director, Total Rewards (TR) is responsible for translating company’s vision into tangible compensation, benefits, and wellness programs. Reporting to the Vice President of Talent, the TR Director will be responsible for three main pillars including: Benefits, Compensation & HRIS. He/she will bring data to every discussion while creating a Total Rewards Roadmap to ensure competitive, market driven programs that allow this client company to attract and retain the best talent. Lastly, the Director of Total Rewards will be seen as the SME and internal consultant for all compensation, benefits, and talent system programs
Who you are (minimum essential requirements for the job)?
- 7-10 years at the manager and/or director level in either compensation or benefits administration or both
- Subject matter expertise in compensation and benefits
- Partner (vs. vendor) selection and management experience
- Excellent analytical skills, leveraging available systems, reporting and the required advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated success in organizational projects in the total rewards space, for example: benefits design, merit and bonus planning, system implementation/integration
- Executive level presentation and communication skills, both in digital content and stand-up facilitation
- Background in process improvement, with preference for expertise in Six Sigma, Kaizen, or other lean operations frameworks
- Successfully participated in a merger and acquisition, owning his/her area of Total Rewards
Ideally you also… (preferred qualifications)
- Have some international Total Rewards and/or HR experience
- Managed HRIS and conducted a RFP for a HRIS/HRMS system including implementation
- Managed or led a small but mighty payroll team including payroll processing knowledge
- Enhanced or created necessary controls and/or processes in preparation for an IPO
- Familiarity with Executive compensation, including equity
- Lead the creative and strategic design and execution of our global compensation, eq and benefits programs which support attracting the best in industry tech talent
- Build a global salary band structure that is both market competitive and industry relevant
- Lead global compensation processes and programs to include job evaluations + salary surveys, base + variable pay programs, and merit and promotions processes with an emphasis on equity and inclusion, while rewarding a results-based, high-performance culture
- Leveraging cutting edge tech market data, identify opportunities to improve compensation programs, policies, and processes to ensure they support the business strategy and help drive performance
- Build and maintain dashboards to provide visibility on pay parity and progression metrics to support our practices of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce
- Design streamlined bonus strategies for job families, based on competencies, which incent high performance and reward desired behaviors, for each specific areas of the business
- Oversee company’s benefits programs globally, including health, welfare, and retirement programs ensuring compliance and cost competitiveness
- Manage our 401(k) vendor and serves as the chair for the 401(k) Investment Committee
- Design and implement wellness programs for a diverse workforce
- Co-Lead benefit design and open enrollment processes in all countries
- Partner with cross functional People team members to develop and execute reward and recognition practices, building a strong and scalable processes
- Ensure compliance with all governmental regulations related to compensation and benefits programs globally, including reporting and regulatory changes affecting benefit plans
- Manage all partner relationships, including budget management, preferred partner selection, and contract negotiations.
Operations & Analytics
- Leads all aspects of the Total Rewards functions, including HRIS, team-member lifecycle, Company surveys, Executive Compensation, ensuring a streamlined and inviting experience for all processes
- Lead potential transition to new 3rd party HRIS system in 2022
- Relentlessly drive operational excellence and innovation in all areas of responsibility
- Establish the Talent analytics function to provide data driven insights and highlight areas for improvement to drive our practices and decision-making
- Establish and measure key compensation, benefit and engagement program metrics validating effectiveness of programs against business objectives
- Evaluate the delivery and effectiveness of global Talent processes, in partnership with key stakeholders, to improve and scale
Leadership & Business Partnerships:
- Provide ongoing mentorship, training, and development to a total rewards team
- Develop strategies with leaders to improve efficacy of all compensation and benefit programs
- Responsible for the communication, support and training regarding compensation and benefits for program leadership
- Support Talent team and partners in all TR related initiatives as SME and consultant, via influence rather than direct authority
Doesn’t hurt that the client also offers….
- Highly competitive market-driven pay.
- Flexible work hours.
- Partial remote work.
- Unlimited career growth and potential.
- Dollar for dollar, 6% 401k match
- Tech chic work environment.
- Health/Dental/Vision & Company paid life
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below: