We pay for referrals, so if this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this link to them.
Desktop Support Opportunity in Dallas, TX
JOB TITLE: Hardware Services Technician
REPORTS TO: Hardware Services Manager
As a key member of the Hardware Services Team; the Hardware Services Technician provides hardware troubleshooting, repair, and imaging of all things hardware related including desktop, laptop, kiosk and time clocks. The Hardware Services Technician also ensures timely, consistent, superior hardware support and output quality while working at a swift pace.
- 2+ years in a desktop support role with an understanding of image creation, operating systems, and component level troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of computer hardware in an enterprise environment
- Experience with image creation/capture technologies and methods
- Knowledge of command line, batch files and scripting
- Knowledge of a range of diagnostic tools and utilities
- Familiar with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and SCCM
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work at a swift pace
- Must have strong written, including typing and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated attention to detailed, accurate documentation
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a team environment
- Previous experience designing and implementing IT projects strongly desired
- Experience managing and creating Active Directory OU’s and Group Policy objects a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology field preferred or equivalent experience with software and hardware support
- Network or System Administration experience a plus
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware and configuring systems and applications
- Diagnose system hardware, software and operator issues
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources
- Create and maintain PC images in a MDT, SCCM environment
- Provide remote support as needed
- Assess need for system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations
- Log all end user interaction in help desk ticketing system ensuring accurate and adequate annotation
- Recommend and/or perform remedial actions to provide resolution
- Ensure proper, timely and professional responses to hardware support requests
- Assist in project design and scope of work creation for project quotes
- Hours generally support a balanced lifestyle, however must be willing and able to work long hours and some weekend work as projects/tasks require
- As this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, the employee will be expected to perform other duties as assigned
Must have the ability to safely perform movements such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching and lifting up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
As assigned, including some weekends, evenings and holidays; exempt position
firstname.lastname@example.org and include answers to the questions below:
1) Can you email an updated Word copy of your resume?
2) What is your availability to start?
3) Are you open to a direct-hire position?
4) What is your current salary or pay rate?
5) Are you currently eligible to work for any employer in the US?
6) When is the best time to contact you and what # can you be reached at for this opportunity?