If this opportunity is not a good match for your skills or you are not available but know someone who is, please forward this email to them as we pay referral fees for anyone you refer that we place with a client.
Contract Network Operations Engineer Opportunity with Great Company in Dallas, TX
Ambitious self-starter that works well within a team atmosphere. Will be part of the On-Call rotation for weekly support and escalation issues. Requires general knowledge of how to troubleshoot issues. Preferred knowledge of switches, firewalls, and load balancing within NOC Tier2/3 setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the design and support of data and network solutions for the various networks located at datacenters, remote branch locations and hosted Azure environments.
- Assist in the design and configurations with the Application Development teams, Network Team, Engineering Teams to deploy applications in the pipeline of projects while consulting with the Security Team to meet the standards and security policies of the various environments.
- Assist in the design, implementations, and to support network security solutions (firewall, load balancing, VPN, NaaS, SIP, UCaaS, SDWAN, MPLS) for the enterprise environment.
- Participates network enterprise architecture planning and integration of hybrid environments.
- Install, support and configure firewall, load balancers, routers, switches and wireless access points across various network environments (Palo Alto, NetScalers, Azure Vnets/Subnets, Web Application Firewalls, and Network Security Groups)
- Assist in the creation of topology documentation related to network and infrastructure services.
- Provide assistance in the deployment, review, and analysis recommended security settings.
- Assist in creating proactive monitoring and alerting of resources.
- Assist in the deployment and upkeep of Infrastructure.
- Assist in creating policy, runbooks, and proactive resolutions.
- Work closely with various teams to configure, deploy and support business applications.
- Systems monitoring and “On-Call” coverage after business hours
- Perform other duties as assigned.
COMPANY’S FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES:
- Adaptability – Effectively adapts and to changing work environments. Remains flexible in spite of adversity. Embraces change from current environment to desired future state. Adapts effectively to changing technology and changing job demands.
- Resourcefulness – Takes steps to improve processes, correct errors, and expand overall products or services in order to meet the customer’s changing needs. Strives for continuous improvement and ultimately perfection by identifying opportunities and accessing risks. Supports an environment that is conducive to change and fosters a free exchange of ideas to improve processes.
- Customer Focus – Provides excellent customer service to clients, vendors, and/or fellow Company employees. Responds promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently to internal and external customer needs. Manages difficult or emotional situations. Recognizes sense of urgency in responding to needs. Follows up to ensure requests, needs, and commitments are met are met consistently. Displays an attitude of friendliness and service towards our customers and a willingness to make the extra effort to satisfy their needs.
- Dependability – Meets deadlines and commitments to ensure the job gets done. Consistently completes assignments in an accurate and timely fashion. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Demonstrates ability to work independently. Meets deadlines and performs at expected level in typical circumstances as well as unexpected circumstances.
- Ethics – Exemplifies and integrates Company’s code of ethics into all aspects of management. Supports and upholds the organization’s standards and values. Demonstrates honesty, reliability, and professionalism. Maintains the highest ethical standards in Company policy and employee conduct. Discourages violation of ethical conduct. Ensures sensitive information remains confidential.
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIRMENTS:
- Analytical Skills – Synthesizes complex or diverse information using intuition, research and experience to complement data provided. Reviews & analyzes a wide variety of information and recommends a specific course of action.
- Attendance – Complies with work hour standards and overtime policies (if applicable). Reports to work on time each scheduled day and maintains satisfactory record of attendance. Notifies supervisor in a timely fashion when sick or unavailable for work.
- Business Process Improvement – Takes steps to improve or correct errors and expand overall products or services. Strives for continuous improvement by identifying opportunities and assessing risks. Supports an environment conducive to change and foster free exchange of ideas to improve processes.
- Critical Thinking – Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Mathematical Reasoning – The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem. Ability to create or interpret graphs, tables, and formulas.
- Problem Resolution – Analyzes problems and alternative solutions and takes appropriate timely action to achieve desired business results. Seeks unique and novel solutions to problems and considers impact of final resolution.
- Productivity – Stays focused and uses time efficiently. Prioritizes work effectively. Performs work with minimal supervision.
- Quality / Quantity – Looks for ways to improve or promote quantity of work while still adhering to quality standards. Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, timeliness, and attention to detail. Brings quality/quantity concerns to the attention of appropriate individuals.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to assignments or role.
- Drive to Perform – Identifies and accomplishes challenging objectives or personal goals. Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Maintains a high level of interest, enthusiasm and personal focus.
- Technical Skills – Ability to understand and interpret the laws, rules, policies, procedures, or systems related to the job.
- Technology – Generates or adapts equipment and technology to serve user needs. Writes or interprets computer programming for various purposes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related discipline or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of IT experience with increasing responsibility in network design and enterprise security infrastructure.
- 5+ years experience deploying and supporting network services including enterprise routing (BGP/OSPF), WAN (MPLS/QoS/SIP/UCaaS/SDWAN), LAN (Cisco Meraki/Catalyst/Nexus FEX/VLANs/SpanningTree), Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco and Palo Alto VPN, and Citrix NetScaler load balancing.
- Demonstrates best practice knowledge designing and deploying networks/infrastructure with VPN, Citrix NetScaler, Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco ASA.
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry practices in network design fundamentals and security principles.
- Demonstrates best practices of Active Directory and RBAC design.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of services related to Network as a Service (NaaS) .
- Strong desire to service internal customers, and to serve as a subject matter expert for the implementation of network and security technologies across the organization.
Business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Extended business hours and weekends will be required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Industry certifications preferred – CCNA, CCIE or other related certification.
Some travel (< 25%) is required for this position, including some weekend travel during technology upgrades.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The employee will be required to work long hours as needed.
The position described above is a general outline of the job’s responsibilities and requirements. The duties may increase or decrease at any time at the discretion of management.
If you have this experience, feel you are a fit for this position, and are interested, please answer the questions below:
Integrity in Recruiting
“Save Time, The Best Resources, Guaranteed!”